Business Apps Analyst
7 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
The Business Analyst role will work closely with data engineers, analysts, finance and business heads to build, refine and maintain centralized systems and financial data pipelines.
- Track and report multiple quantitative and qualitative KPIs to leadership on a monthly basis
- Support quarterly operation efficiency and financial progress reporting to senior leadership
- Gather data and provide analytical support to allow senior management to evaluate performance against key metrics and identify opportunities for operational efficiency
- Develop organizational roadmaps to implement processes at scale
- Conduct financial analysis to enhance understanding of business unit drivers, key stakeholders, and the interoperability between departments and teams
- Interview stakeholders and management groups to collect qualitative and quantitative data and identify and document financial goals, success criteria and success metrics
- Perform financial and performance reporting and track key metrics including ROI and % actual vs target
- Conduct sector and industry analysis to determine how market conditions may affect performance and other ad-hoc analyses.
- Derive business insight and intelligence from internal and external financial data.
- Perform sensitivity analysis on predictor variables to gain understanding of potential impact on outcomes.
- Help design, document, and maintain system processes
- Minimum 3+ years of relevant experience in a Business Analyst or similar role
- Experience with BPM, Balanced Scorecards, SWOT analysis and other BA techniques
- Analytical, with ability to develop abstract goals into concrete tasks
- Proactive, dedicated
- Comfortable working in a global matrix-based team
Preferred Experience / Education:
- Experience with Tableau or other reporting tools
- Experience writing SQL queries and performing data analysis
- Track record of showcasing customer service mindset
- JIRA & Confluence experience
- Familiarity with gaming industry will be considered a strong asset
At SIE, we consider several factors when setting each role’s base pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location.
Please note that the base pay range may vary in line with our hybrid working policy and individual base pay will be determined based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
In addition, this role may be eligible for bonus and SIE’s top-tier benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), paid time off, wellness program and coveted employee discounts for Sony products. Click here to learn more.
The estimated base pay range for this role is listed below.
$73,900 — $110,900 USD
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
For more information about our benefits, please visit our Careers site.