12 days ago
The Business Analyst works within teams to identify and transform business needs into solutions. They work on projects for new needs as well as operations to improve current processes within the Data Governance framework.
The Business Analyst will collaborate with inter-department communities to align on processes, rules and best practices as well as manage and maintain a data catalogue solution. They will be a strong communicator and demonstrate a mastery of the Data Governance process to create clear, actionable practices for consumption, quality, and use of data to help achieve business objectives.
- Analyze and synthesize information provided by stakeholders;
- Identify and define business rules, functional requirements, non-functional requirements through cases and stakeholders;
- Work with the architects to develop integrated processes and technology solutions;
- Produces high quality written content of requirements, end-user documents and change management documents;
- Manage and maintain the data catalogue solution, by identifying and communicating with key stakeholders;
- Manage accesses and permission and maintain high quality metrics within the solution;
- Manage connections to various sources;
- Communicate and solve the Fit/Gap analysis with all stakeholders impacted;
- Participate in the evaluation and benchmarking of market solutions when required;
- Participate as a member of the team on parts of the project plan;
- Create test cases, conduct manual testing and support the User Acceptance Testing (UAT) phase;
- Promote the Data Governance best practices, ensure knowledge transfer and market our solutions and mission.
Relevant experience and education
- Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, or a related field;
- Certification of Competency in Business Analysis™ (CCBA®) designation from IIBA, an asset;
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in IT business analysis or equivalent experience;
- Experience in IT projects;
- Experience working across organizational boundaries on a local and global basis is an asset;
- ITIL an asset.
Skills and knowledge
- Understanding of data governance and having data analysis skills such as using Excel and SQL;
- Good knowledge of business process design and requirements management;
- Understanding of different project delivery methodologies such as Agile and Waterfall is an asset;
- Understanding of IT infrastructure as well as its relation to applications and business services;
- Understanding of interface ergonomics and design;
- Excellent capability to navigate within a complex environment while demonstrating key communication skills;
- Demonstrated analytical skills to influence others in making the best decisions;
- Understanding of data catalogue tools and best practices an asset;
- Bilingual (French/English) is required both orally and written.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.