Irvine California 92618 United States of America
14 days ago
Team Name:Quality Assurance
Job Title:Business Analyst
Blizzard Quality Assurance Business Operations is looking for a collaborative, driven, problem solver to provide support to our evolving organization, who has experience in project management. In this role, you will develop deep expertise on the Quality Assurance processes and work with business and technology owners, finance, and HR partners to help drive excellence through better utilization and analysis of our operational data and key metrics. You will participate in cross-functional teams through the process and drive department-wide projects and initiatives.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Data and Financial Analysis - Work closely with peers and stakeholders to access, pull, clean and analyze data from a variety of HR, Finance and other data sources; gather new data, link disparate forms of data, and/or creatively use existing data to propose solutions and present them in compelling way
- Project Management – Maintain project plans, identify resource needs, and manage project schedules; Gather, communicate, and execute against requirements that will ensure the desired outcome of the project; collaborate effectively across teams to define strategy, goals and commitment to timelines and deliverables
- Communication – Proactively own communications to project members, stakeholders, and the Business Operations head on progress, issues, and risks utilizing existing and new reporting mechanisms for regular status updates pertaining to all areas within the scope of assigned projects
- Operational Excellence – Assist in driving data optimization, standardization and process improvement with HR, Finance, and Quality Assurance leadership to support the evolving business and enhance tracking of our metrics, while balancing the need for flexibility
- Subject Matter Expertise – Develop deep knowledge of core services data structures used by QA. Identify and advise on requirements and best practices for optimizing the business and the use of our data
- Visualization and Tracking – Create new and improved ways of visualizing data sets that will make decision making easier for the business and tell compelling stories through dashboards, presentations, and in business cases; build the tools necessary for senior management to track against targets and forecasts accordingly
- Bachelor's degree in MIS, Math, Statistics or related discipline
- 4+ years of data analytics experience
- 2+ years of finance experience
- Proven ability to own and manage multiple projects simultaneously and produce tangible results
- Advanced in SQL, data modeling, data mining (SQL, ETL, data warehousing) and using databases in a business environment with disparate data sets to solve business problems
- Advanced Excel skills, VBA proficiency
- Experience preparing presentations for senior management
- Proven analytical and quantitative ability and a passion for enabling customers to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, develop business cases, and complete root cause analyses
- Experience with business intelligence tools (PowerBI, Tableau, etc.)
- Experience running cross-functional projects with competing objectives and multiple stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills that allow you to effectively influence internal and external audiences, and across organizational boundaries.
- An Inquisitive technical and business mind understand, test, or challenge the status quo while working harmoniously with the business and technology owners.
- Experience using JIRA for day-to-day tasking
- Detail oriented with the ability to think strategically
- Comfortable working autonomously in an evolving environment
- Passion for gaming and knowledge of Blizzard products
In order to be considered for the role , please submit:
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to champion an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!