This job might no longer be available.
Business Analyst, Vendor Management
11 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Business Analyst – Vendor Management (FTE) (SD, SM)
San Diego, CA or San Mateo, CA
SIE's Corporate Planning team is looking for a Business Analyst – Vendor Management to complete the contracting needs of our hardware and software vendor portfolio. This BA will work with multiple partners including business owners, vendors, and members of the legal, security, accounting, and procurement teams. Projects will vary from one-time purchases to dynamic models with continuous refinement. The work you're doing will be used for strategic decisions including budget formation, contract negotiations, as well as business and technical optimizations. Expect to make periodic reports to and for leadership for informed source selection, budget funding and overall portfolio strategy
This analyst will be encouraged to drive their own workload with minimal guidance, proactively finding areas for improvement
- Coordinate each phase of the Procure-to-Pay lifecycle (P2P) to ensure contracts and billings are carried out in a timely manner, expediting when needed
- Collaborate with SIE Legal team on contract terms and with internal business owners on content and delivery terms
- Develop relationships with vendors to manage costs and to ensure contracts reflect business requirements and company standards
- Analyze internal financial data and industry pricing to understand trends, identify risks and opportunities, and leverage in contract negotiations
- Develop and deliver informative, concise, and appealing dashboards and ad-hoc reports
- Maintain an open line of information sharing with budget planning counterparts to ensure expenses are accurately budgeted and accrued, and to explain variances
- Develop and implement project communication plans, keeping partners informed while adjusting to unexpected shifts in priority or business conditions
- Identify and action opportunities to improve the internal feedback loop between contract management, payment tracking, and budget creation
We value an inquisitive work style including a real passion for constant improvement in analysis techniques, reporting and procedures, and a deeper understanding of the network platform ecosystem.
- BA/BS Degree or equivalent in Finance, Supply Chain Management, or similar
- 3+ years of procure-to-pay or contract management experience, preferably in an IT environment.
- Comfortable using Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint) and Teams. SAP and/or Conga Contracts experience is a plus.
- Spreadsheet analysis experience
- Strong initiative and ability to run multiple projects
- Outstanding communication skills
- Ability to complete projects timely and accurately is essential
- Ability to work well with colleagues at all levels in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Service oriented mindset
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.