Business Analyst Resilience
Montreal QC ca
12 days ago
As a Business Analyst in Organizational Resilience, you are a key contributor in the Security and Risk Management team (SRM) in charge of Disaster Recovery (DR), Business Continuity (BC) and Crisis Management (CM) programs. You will work alongside various program stakeholders to identify and transform business needs into solutions. You will also work on projects for new needs as well as operations to improve current processes.
As part of your role, you will be responsible to:
- Ensure the operationalization of the BC/DR/CM platform and ensure its evolution in accordance with business needs;
- Analyze and synthesize information provided by stakeholders (Security team, business and IT partners);
- Identify business rules, functional requirements, non-functional requirements through cases and stakeholders;
- Work with the architects to develop integrated processes and technology solutions;
- Produces high quality written content such as fit/gap analysis, Business Process Models (BPM) workflows, use cases, high-level data flow diagrams and change management documents (training, communication);
- On a regular basis, facilitate and maintain the interest of the stakeholders;
- Participate in the evaluation and benchmarking of market solutions when required;
- Create tests cases, test plans, conduct manual testing and support the User Acceptance Testing (UAT) phase;
- Ensure knowledge transfer and documentation of the new solution;
- Evangelize the business analysis good practices and mission.
- Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, or a related field;
- Certification of Competency in Business Analysis™ (CCBA®) designation from IIBA, an asset;
- Business Continuity Management certification is a plus (ABCP, CBCP, AFBCI, MBCI).
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in IT business analysis or equivalent experience;
- Experience working across organizational boundaries on a local and global basis is an asset.
Skills and Knowledge
- Strong communication (bilingual French-English) and listening skills;
- Strong interpersonal and influence skills;
- Strong organization skills, ability to multi-task and prioritize work to consistently meet deadlines;
- Proactive and adaptable to changes in a fast-paced environment;
- Solid data analysis skills (using Excel, SQL or other tools);
- Good knowledge of business process design and conception of IT software and systems;
- Understanding of the project lifecycle and different project delivery methodologies (Agile/Waterfall), an asset;
- Knowledge of an IT service management product;
- Basic understanding of IT infrastructure and its relation to applications and business services, an asset.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.
Ubisoft Montreal, an industry leading developer of video games, located in the heart of Montreal’s Mile-End, offers a unique environment where creativity, teamwork and cutting-edge technology bring to life critically acclaimed video games and iconic AAA franchises. You will benefit from a competitive compensation package, an open learning environment, and contribute to an international team driving innovation.