Business Analyst (NBA2K)
13 days ago
Who We Are
2K develops and publishes interactive entertainment globally for console systems, handheld gaming devices and personal computers, including smartphones and tablets. 2K is a leading publisher of today’s most popular gaming genres and most well-known for critically acclaimed game franchises like NBA 2K, Borderlands, WWE 2K, Bioshock, XCOM and the beloved Sid Meier’s Civilization.
This role is part of the 2K Growth Strategy team which is responsible for the P&L, business strategy and operations globally. We partner across the organization through influence and relationships to orchestrate a unified, effective, and scalable effort. This role will focus on the NBA2K franchise.
What We Need
The Business Analyst will lead the development of in-depth reporting and analysis while providing data support for financial modelling, ad hoc internal/external data requests and business review presentations. The analyst will help the Growth Strategy team understand the data behind the NBA2K franchise and drive continued growth while optimizing existing lines of business. This person must be highly analytical and detail oriented, demonstrate expertise in query development and data management, and provide succinct and compelling analyses to inform a wide range of business decisions.
What You Will Do
- Operate as the source of truth in data reporting, navigate and query the wide range of databases that are key to the NBA2K business and managing/owning evolving methodologies for KPI reporting
- Support teammate financial modelling, analysis and/or cross-team deep-dives on game performance with data inputs on a reoccurring and ad hoc basis
- Develop and speak to an array of business reporting (sales, revenue, in-game telemetry, player segments, user migration, etc.) across the organization
- Establish and communicate best practices around data reporting, logic, and presentation to internal/external stakeholders.
- Prepare and verify data for inclusion in commercial reports and presentations, including QBRs, MBRs and ad hoc executive updates
- Contribute to the creation and optimization of key performance dashboards, reporting and analysis across NBA2K teams
What Skills Are Needed
- 2-4 years of reporting and data analysis experience
- High-Proficiency/Expertise in SQL—ability to develop, QA, and automate queries from scratch; Experience/Proficiency in Tableau and the aptitude to quickly learn financial and reporting software
- Data analysis and reporting experience in video games, e-commerce, subscription businesses, live-services and/or mobile in-app economies
- Ability to successfully navigate a globally dispersed and/or matrixed organization
- Familiarity with database systems and ETLs to enable working closely with Data Engineering to identify and correct issues in the data
- The ability to demonstrate trustworthiness and integrity with how you work with others and in the quality and accuracy of your work
- Excellent communication skills, with a proven track record of working across all levels of the organization and personality types
- A knack for data quality assurance and a keen eye for when ‘the numbers don’t look right’
- Experience working in the video games industry is not required, but familiarity with gaming is a plus
- Ability to manipulate, transform, and munge data via tools like R, Python, etc. is a plus