This job might no longer be available.
Business Analyst (Marketing)
2 months ago
Cloud Imperium Games (CIG) is a fast-paced video gaming company on the cutting edge of technology developing two AAA titles: Star Citizen and Squadron 42. This role will report to the Sales Director and work collaboratively with the Data Solutions team, the Marketing department leads, and various internal stakeholders at CIG. This is a full-time position starting in a Work from Home structure until safe to return to our office in Austin.
Our Marketing team builds and maintains the most passionate and engaged player community in gaming, with millions of players contributing to and assisting in the ongoing development of Star Citizen, the industry’s most ambitious game that will deliver a persistent universe of unprecedented scale and unlimited possibilities. We are looking for a Business Analyst to join our team to build dynamic, scalable forecasting models to identify and predict player growth, conversion, retention, recurring revenues, and other valuable monetization metrics.
- Orchestrate and assess customer and business data to outline and quantify key risks, recognize patterns, identify opportunities and solutions to empower data-driven decisions.
- Evaluate and interpret large sets of data within multiple systems to develop custom reports and dashboards for Marketing needs.
- Combine qualitative and quantitative driven insights and present statistical findings into actionable recommendations for senior leaders on the Marketing team.
- Present analysis conclusions in a clear, understandable, valuable way through compelling stories supported by data using visualization tools (Tableau, Power BI, or similar).
- Provide predictive insights to compute newer prediction/data models.
- Perform quality assurance on generated results to ensure consistency and accuracy.
- Analyze player trends and market behavior in gaming across all relevant platforms and business models relevant to CIG
- Attend regular meetings with key stakeholders across multiple departments and studios.
- Assume other duties and responsibilities assigned by CIG reasonably consistent with employee's skills and experience to support the Marketing team in their daily activities.
Skills and Experience
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options
- 3-5 years of experience as a Business Analyst or similar role in the Software as a Service (SaaS), Video Game or technology fields.
- Experience in business model development, forecasting, and data analysis.
- Experience with various videogame business models, including free-to-play, subscription, retail, and paid download.
- Bachelor’s degree or accreditation in a quantitative field (Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Business Intelligence, Management Information Technology, or relevant field).
- Proficient in SQL and Excel.
- Experience with Tableau, Quick Sight, Power BI, or other data visualization tools.
- Ability to navigate through a high level of ambiguity and deliver high-quality models and business cases with limited guidance or direction.
- Proven analytical background with strong technology, problem-solving, and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a highly dynamic environment with multiple priorities and frequent changes.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees
- International travel may be required as a part of this role
CIG Diversity Statement: CIG is a global company, staunchly committed to cultivating a culture and workplace that celebrates all backgrounds, lifestyles, and perspectives. Together, we are creating a space where authentic recognition, appreciation, and understanding of the importance of diversity is fostered by everyone. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to build a team that represents all walks of life, and we want every employee to bring all the things that make them unique to the work environment. The universe is as vast and varied as the people in it, and it’s our differences that make it special.