This job might no longer be available.
Business Analyst (Data Governance)
Montreal QC ca
4 days ago
The Business Analyst works within teams to identify and transform business needs into solutions. They work on projects for new needs as well as operations to improve current processes within the Data Governance framework. The Business Analyst will collaborate with inter-department communities to align on KPI definitions, rules and best practices.
The person will be a strong communicator and demonstrate a mastery of the Data Governance process to align data sources and metrics around common standards and create clear, actionable practice for consumption, quality, and use to help achieve business objectives.
- Analyze and synthesize information provided by stakeholders;
- Identify and define business rules, functional requirements, non-functional requirements through cases and stakeholders;
- Direct the gathering of requirements for applying technology and business solutions to satisfy corporate needs;
- Work with the architects to develop integrated processes and technology solutions;
- Produces high quality written content such as:
- All requirements in the form of documentation in accordance with the Data Governance framework;
- Solutions to those needs in the form of definition documents;
- Fit/Gap analysis;
- “As is” and “to be” Business Process Models (BPM) workflows;
- Use Cases;
- UML diagrams, Use Case Diagram and Activity Diagram;
- High level data flow diagrams with the support of the architects;
- Story boards and workflows;
- Change management documents (training, communication);
- Communicate and solve the Fit/Gap analysis with all stakeholders impacted;
- On a regular basis, facilitate and maintain the interest of the stakeholders;
- Participate in the evaluation and benchmarking of market solutions when required;
- Participate as member of the team on parts of the project plan;
- Being available daily for questions from the project team;
- Create tests cases and conduct manual testing;
- Support the User Acceptance Testing (UAT) phase;
- Ensure knowledge transfer and documentation of the new solution;
- Market and socialize the solution;
- Participate in the Business Analyst community;
- Evangelize the business analysis good practices and mission;
- Carry out all other related task.
- Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, or a related field;
- Certification of Competency in Business Analysis™ (CCBA®) designation from IIBA, an asset.
- Minimum 1 years’ experience in IT business analysis or equivalent experience;
- Experience in IT projects;
- Experience working across organizational boundaries on a local and global basis is an asset;
- ITIL an asset.
- Great communication and listening skills;
- Excellent political, analytical and communication skills, with the ability to maintain attention to detail;
- Great interpersonal skills;
- Ability to influence without direct authority;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral;
- Curious and proactive;
- Data analysis skills (using Excel, SQL or other tools);
- Adaptable to changes in a fast-paced environment;
- Self starter;
- Experience in gaming (being a gamer is a plus).
- Excellent English skills required (spoken and written);
- Understanding of data governance;
- Good knowledge of business KPI definitions;
- Good knowledge of business process design;
- Good knowledge of Requirement Management;
- Good knowledge of the analysis and conception of IT software and systems;
- Understanding of the project lifecycle and resources involved;
- Understanding of different project delivery methodologies (Agile/Waterfall), an asset;
- Knowledge of an IT service management product;
- Basic understanding of IT infrastructure and it’s relation to applications and business services, an asset;
- Understanding of interface ergonomics and design.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
The Enterprise Data Team is looking for a Business Analyst (Data Governance) who can bring their expertise to life in our dynamic team of gaming & tech enthusiasts. If you are bold, driven and unafraid of pushing boundaries, we want you on our team.