This job might no longer be available.
Senior Manager, Business Analysis-Commercial Operations
Novato CA US
9 months ago
SENIOR MANAGER, BUSINESS ANALYSIS- COMMERCIAL OPERATIONS
Who We Are:
2K develops and publishes interactive entertainment globally for console systems, handheld gaming devices and personal computers, including smartphones and tablets. 2K is a leading publisher of today’s most popular gaming genres and most well-known for critically acclaimed game franchises like NBA 2K, WWE 2K, Bioshock, Borderlands, Evolve, XCOM and the beloved Sid Meier’s Civilization.
This role is part of the 2K Commercial Operations team that is responsible for its P&L, business strategy, and operations globally. We partner across the organization through influence and relationships to orchestrate a unified, effective, and scalable effort. At any given moment we are the supporter, leader, approver, and/or responsible party with other internal and external teams.
What We Need:
We are seeking a highly skilled business analyst who excels at developing effective analytical models and frameworks to optimize business decision making, collecting data directly from company data sources (i.e., SQL, Tableau) and effectively collaborating and communicating across all major functions to improve business performance.
You are a structured problem-solver and data-driven decision maker. You take a detailed, results-driven approach to executing recommendations and building cross-functional influence. You work very well with colleagues across functions, geographies, and skillsets to orchestrate and communicate a coherent strategy and execution. You enjoy looking at the big picture and then translating that to specific execution that you analyze and iterate on to improve. You are great at telling a thoughtful story to describe and evangelize your view while welcoming and incorporating feedback from stakeholders. You enjoy structuring an ambiguous and complex problem and testing-and-learning from hypotheses. You have an analytical background and operational experience achieving results and executing growth plans in dynamic, complex situations with a range of stakeholders.
What You Will Do:
- Create, modify and maintain SQL queries within Tableau (and other tools) to analyze player behaviors. Includes creating documentation and training stakeholders on how to utilize dashboards
- Build Tableau dashboards and reports for use by team members across Commercial Operations, Marketing, Sales, Analytics, Data Sciences, Partnerships, Product Development and more
- Use Microsoft Excel to build product or sales forecasts, user growth models, user engagement models and additional analytical projects
- Support commercial team projects, meetings and reviews by collecting, analyzing, summarizing and presenting as needed on a variety of topics
- Develop and report KPIs, models, and analyses for game insights and to rally teams to recommended actions. This includes building impactful, clear and compelling charts, graphs and reports
- Evaluate and identify opportunities and challenges with game performance (user, gameplay, systems, monetization, telemetry) and create compelling summaries on how various team can use these insights to improve performance
- Partner with data science colleagues to prioritize, develop and leverage sophisticated machine learning models with the goal of optimizing business results, improving decision making and enhancing the customer experience
- Establish working rhythms, analytical frameworks, and operating processes to guide cross-functional teams in partnership
Who We Think Will Be a Great Fit:
- You are highly experienced and hands-on with SQL, Tableau and Excel and are capable of using advanced analytical tools and techniques to effectively and efficiently support data-driven decision making
- You have foundational work experience with analytics for physical and digital products and services, a learning mindset, and drive for quality results and execution
- You are equally comfortable in discovery and production phases of a project and thrive in the start-up stage and scaling stage of business operations to drive growth
- You have excellent communication skills, with a proven track record of working across all levels of the organization and personality types – having the information is one thing, you enjoy and excel at evangelizing insights, organizing teamwork, and persuading colleagues, peers, and leaders to action
- You create great chemistry with others, are purposeful and dedicated with your energy, and raise everyone’s game around you. You prize team success over individual achievement
What Skills Are Needed:
- 5+ years of professional experience in a business analyst role, with demonstrable skills in SQL, Excel, Tableau and data analysis
- Strong analytical, quantitative skills and business judgement to model sophisticated scenarios and apply insights to strategy and planning
- Experience packaging and presenting your analysis, conclusions and recommendations to executives and senior leaders within your company
- Video games industry experience and/or a strong passion and knowledge of console and PC games
- Knowledge and/or application of Statistics and Machine Learning is a plus
- Management Consulting or Investment Banking experience is a plus