Business Analyst Business Intelligence
2 months ago
Your life at Ubi
Working in the Ubisoft Data Office department, the role of Business Analyst is to make the link between business teams and technical teams and to transform business needs into effective and sustainable Business Intelligence solutions. The focus will be on Production domain and around databases & data reporting/visualization tools, in the BI team assigned to this domain. Within this team, you will regularly analyze the needs of your internal partners, participate in the development & tests activities of BI solutions in order to validate, document and present them. Attention to details and eagerness to learn will be the key of good collaboration with team members and internal business partners.
Your main mission
- Analyze, investigate, and challenge the needs of business teams.
- Translate business needs into technical-functional specifications, and maintain this documentation up to date.
- Validate specifications with developers and architects.
- Develop and apply test cases to ensure the proper functioning of product features
- Perform SQL queries in order to analyze data, perform tests, ensure data quality.
- Participate in reporting and data visualization activities, in project documentation and knowledge sharing with users and support team
- Participate in agile meetings: daily stand-ups, sprint schedules, reviews and demos.
The professional value you bring
- Ability to translate a business need into functional specifications - rigor and attention to detail.
- Ability to collaborate with business partners, team leads and developers.
- Very good analytical mind in a “Data Warehousing” context.
- Very good command of SQL in the creation of queries and data extraction.
- Knowledge of a developer mode reporting tool would be a plus.
- Fluent English imperative, good French is appreciated.
The personal value you bring
- Good communication and presentation skills (verbal and written);
- Ability to work well with people from different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience;
- Able to prioritize tickets based on the business needs; analysis and synthesis abilities;
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving skills;
- Good organizational skills and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously; able to multitask and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment;
- Autonomy, ability to work with minimal guidance.
Ubisoft’s team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. This ambition is very much embedded into our work here, at Ubisoft Romania, where we create games that reach millions of people worldwide. We’re working with top global Ubisoft studios on creating worlds that shape the entertainment industry - from Assassin’s Creed and Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, to Watch Dogs, Just Dance and other exciting projects, yet to be announced. We are driven by the work we do and inspired by the fun we have while doing it!
We’re an equal opportunity employer and we believe that diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves.
Our colleagues from the IT department engineer and deliver reliable services & products for Ubisoft’s game development teams and for our player communities, as well as developing apps for internal, world-wide use.
Find us on Facebook, Instagram & LinkedIn, see how we do things, how we like to have fun and join us!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.