Business Affairs Specialist
9 days ago
Psyonix is a video game developer best known for Rocket League, the award-winning game that combines soccer, driving, and highly competitive gameplay. As part of the Epic Games family, we are an industry-leading game studio rooted in a crunch-free philosophy that emphasizes an amazing employee experience, located in the heart of San Diego. For nearly 20 years, we have been a driving force behind some of the most successful games in the industry, including Gears of War, Mass Effect 3, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Bulletstorm, Unreal Tournament III and Unreal Tournament 2004.
What makes us Epic?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating. Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What You'll Do
The Business Affairs Specialist will work with the Senior Business Affairs Manager in providing organizational support to achieve studio business objectives. The position will be responsible for coordinating with and assisting multiple studio teams in the management and tracking of cross departmental projects and third party partnerships and services. You will need to understand video game development and juggle multiple projects at once.
In This Role You Will
- Acting as a cross-functional liaison across various teams to provide organizational support to ensure business and development goals are met
- Coordinating with development, technology, marketing, creative services, esports, legal, and contract administration departments to gather and relay relevant information and approvals in order to push studio initiatives forward
- Processing and tracking status of third-party vendor and partner agreement
- Coordinating with studio teams regarding new and ongoing projects to ensure business process is on pace with third party partners and service providers
- Bring clear thinking and excellent problem solving skills to the business and development challenges that arise
What We're Looking For
- Solid understanding of video games
- 3+ years of professional experience, preferably in a video game development environment
- Proven record of high performance in a fast paced environment
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to effectively spot issues and create clear plans for resolution
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Nice To Have Skills
- Worked on a live game
- Understands recent trends and feature history within a specific genre and how it applies to current product
Epic Job + Epic Benefits = Epic Life
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay for 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. We offer coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, AD&D and Life Insurance, 401k.
All Epic employees enjoy drinks, snacks, and lunches every day, free of charge - and we offer plenty of annual celebrations for employees and family members to show the love we have for our people. Additionally, each year, we celebrate the Epic family with company-wide paid breaks, generous paid time off, and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical - we think our people are pretty awesome!
Like what you hear? Come be part of something Epic!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.