Build and Release Engineer VR [Splinter Cell VR] (f/m/d))
10 days ago
Join today to shape the future of VR. We are adding to an established core team to work on an exciting new Splinter Cell VR project. You will work on the Oculus platform, on one of Ubisoft’s most iconic and legendary IP’s on a multi-studio project across the globe, and with the budget of AAA production.
We are looking for a skilled Build & Release Engineer to deliver game builds to development, QC and external contacts. Working with Unity, you’ll maintain and improve the existing build pipeline and support the development team with debugging and versioning.
- Responsible for the consistency of data and versions as well as ensuring the successful delivery of game builds to various teams (internal & external)
- Configure, maintain and provide account / administrative support for our source control systems (Perforce).
- Provide up-to-date documentation on workflows, methods, pipeline systems within a centralized accessible location
- Monitor build system for failures and errors and flag these to build engineers, development team and QC as appropriate
- Maintenance and improvement of the existing build pipeline
- Proactively develop an understanding of multiple build system technologies used within the group (e.g. Dashboard, Jenkins, Team City, QuickBuild)
- Proactively predict and resolve future issues (e.g. capacity constraints, maintenance intervals, etc.)
- 2 years prior work experience as Build & Release Engineer or similar position
- Strong knowledge of source control systems (Perforce is a must)
- Experience in large data management and structures
- Experience with game engines, game development interfaces and complex pipelines.
- C# and scripting languages skills
- Experience and understanding of IT Systems, RAID & Networking
- Experience with automated build systems and continuous integration
- Good problem solving and debugging skills
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to change
- Strong reporting and documentation skills
- Fluent in English, both verbally and written (No German skills are required - the business language in the studio is English)
- Great communication skills and a positive attitude & a team player
Bonus (but optional)
- Relocation Support: We offer financial support in form of a cash allowance and assistance with accommodation search and settle-in support via our relocation partner, for international candidates we offer visa assistance.
- 26 days paid vacation per year. Additionally, you will get half a day off on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve and approximately 11 bank holidays in the NRW region.
- Flexible Working Hours: We have core working times between 10:00 AM – 04:00 PM and the distribution of the other hours is up to you.
- Development Support: Leadership training, workshops, guest speakers from the industry, online Ubisoft learning platform, coaches, paid self-study hours and library.
- Free English and German; The business language in the studio is English. No German is required to work with us.
- Company Pension Scheme. We offer an attractive scheme through salary sacrificing in which the employer also matches contributions
- Up to 350€ childcare support per child per month. In addition, we also offer 5 ‘care for ill children days’ per child per year.
- Gym Subsidy
- Monthly Travel Budget
- Discounted Ubisoft Games
- & more
Living in Düsseldorf
Düsseldorf is a very international city close to the border of Germany famous for it's Japanese culture. With a Japanese gardens, "Little Tokyo" area for Asian cuisine and celebrating Japan Day along the River Rhine each year. Art Galleries and Museums can be found as well as the "Old City" - a lively area of bars and restaurants amongst traditional German architecture. Two hours from Paris, Amsterdam, the UK and Hamburg - an excellent location to explore Europe even on a weekend. A large Deer park offers a natural sanctuary for those needing a break from the city life. More rural and suburban areas surround the city for those looking for a more relaxed pace.
If you are passionate about video games and would like to work with like-minded professionals in an international team, please apply via our career portal.
The application must include your resume, and a cover letter detailing your earliest starting date, motivation.
For further information please check www.bluebyte.de and www.ubisoft.com.
Ubisoft Blue Byte GmbH
Luise-Rainer Str. 7
Geschäftsführer: Yves Guillemot
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Düsseldorf
Amtsgericht Düsseldorf HRB Nr. 51772
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has development studios in 28 countries and sells video games in more than 55 countries around the globe. We are committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to players. In our German studios in Düsseldorf, Mainz and Berlin, we are working on brands like “Anno”, “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege”, "Far Cry", James Cameron's "Avatar", "Beyond Good and Evil 2", “Assassin's Creed VR", "Splinter Cell VR" and many more.