Build and Developer Tools Engineer, Cinematics Pipeline
1 month ago
Job Title:Build and Developer Tools Engineer, Cinematics Pipeline
Blizzard Entertainment’s Animation team is seeking an experienced and enthusiastic software engineer with a passion for build systems, developer tools, and cross-platform development to join our Pipeline team.
The Animation pipeline team has many responsibilities, one of which is providing tools and infrastructure to build and deploy software across the studio. Be ready to build industry standard, open source libraries across multiple platforms, and support other developers doing the same. Many of these libraries end up packaged for game teams across Blizzard, so excellent communication and interpersonal skills are a must. Our studio develops advanced plugins that must support multiple application versions built with a variety of compilers. Be a hero for the members of our technical teams by proactively advancing the development tools and workflows we use every day!
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Maintain and develop Blizzard Animation’s internal build infrastructure
- Deliver tools to support and improve developer workflows
- Provide cross-platform build support for developers
- Package and deploy third party tools like Qt, Python, and RV
- 2+ years minimum professional experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent work experience
- Expert level experience writing tools and libraries in Python
- Ample experience with both Linux and Windows operating systems
- Advanced understanding of git
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Passion for automation programming, tool development, all with a service-oriented attitude
- Substantial experience with multiple build tools (e.g. Make, CMake, SCons)
- Insatiable appetite for solving problems, supporting developers, and learning new technologies
- Linting and testing tools for Python or C++
- Familiar with VFX Reference Platform
- Container technologies like Docker or Kubernetes
- Jenkins for automation and Groovy pipelines
- Experience with Github, integrations, and authentication protocols
- MacOS experience
- Windows and linux shell programming (bash, batch files, Powershell)
- PyPi and Python packaging/deployment strategies
- Package management systems (e.g. Rez, rpm)
Submission / Portfolio Requirements
- Resume (PDF of your resume please!)
- Cover Letter
Job Status: Fulltime/Staff
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.