Build Systems Software Engineer – F1
18 days ago
Codemasters have been making iconic games for over 30 years. We're a world-leader in the development of racing titles across studios in the UK and Malaysia. We've been creators and guardians of some of the most adored titles and are proud to be the home of the official games of FORMULA ONE.
Ask anyone in Team Codies what the secret to our success is and they'll tell you it's about the people; the creativity; the vision; the tech and the family: One Codemasters. We've reached where we are today by raising the game, empowering people and sharing our passion to make the greatest racing games in the world.
The Formula One team's software engineering experts enjoy the ongoing challenge of developing technical solutions to complex problems. We are looking for a Build Systems engineer to help with the smooth delivery of our game to the development team and our players throughout its ever-evolving releases.
- You will develop technical solutions for build production and delivery systems
- You will provide automation of important build artefact production for both code and assets
- You will develop and make use of analytics-based feedback systems to accelerate build efficiency
- You will help the team with automated testing of functionality and performance of the game and development tools
- You will contribute to hardware requirements estimation for building a AAA scale game
- You will work in a Continuous Development-based environment with multiple product versions in flight at the same time.
- You will develop task estimates and report to the team
- Experience in process and build automation
- Knowledge of build systems including Jenkins.
- An understanding of Python and Windows batch scripting.
- Experience of development for consoles and PC platforms
- Experience of Perforce as a power user or admin.
- Good teamwork skills within a development team
- A passion for and commitment to a career in games
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- 2+ years experience in a build engineering role within the games industry.
- Knowledge of distributed code build systems, including FastBuild.
- Knowledge of game platform compiler toolchains and SDKs
- Elasticsearch and Kibana
- C# and C++
- Experience of hardware provisioning and software configuration
- Experience with Linux