This job might no longer be available.
Build & Release Specialist
3 months ago
The Release and Build Specialist will develop, analyze and maintain tools that support and automate the version creation process on an ongoing basis as well as administer material and software resources.
- Develop and maintain the logic (e.g. script) required to automate the version creation processes;
- Monitor, configure and administer the version creation system;
- Support version creation system users;
- In collaboration with other working units, recommend and enhance the efficiency of the version creation system and related pipelines;
- Document and update the version creation, management and deployment processes;
- Initial trouble shooting of the problems found in the versions with people from different trades;
- Develop other tools or scripts for the needs of the project and automating the process depending on needs
- Manage all rights and access to project data, and at the end of a project you will be responsible for creating a ClosingKit to archive all data related to the project;
- Help integrate all new hires into the project and manage a large build farm. You will also be required to give support to off-site studios.
- College diploma in computer science or equivalent training or experience.
- Minimum one year experience in a similar position (deployment, release and build specialist, etc.)
- Participation in a complete production cycle an asset;
- Automation experience and asset.
- Knowledge of C++, C#, Perl, and Python
- Knowledge of Perforce, Atlassian JIRA task tracking, Active Directory, Windows API
- Knowledge of MySQL - knowledge and practical use MS Dos Batch files
- Version control management and continuous integration systems (QuickBuild, Jenkins, etc.)
- Knowledge of a Windows environment;
- Work experience with large quantity of files;
- Knowledge of Web Technologies (HTML and others);
- Passion for video games and the desire to have fun at work!
- Knowledge of other “Source Control” systems, (CVS, Subversion, Git, etc.);
- Knowledge of other language such as C, PHP, Unix Shell Scripts, JAVA Script or VB script;
- Knowledge of 3Dstudio Max., Adobe Photoshop;
- Knowledge of Secure Transfers, PGP, SSH and Tunnel, Installshield, or Wise;
- Understanding of network setup.
Why Ubisoft Shanghai?
Be a part of the most exciting and innovating video game company in China. Come to work in Shanghai, an amazing city renowned as “Paris of the East”.
Together with a team of multi-national professionals equipped with the cutting-edge technologies, you can be assured of an experience that is both aspirational and fulfilling.
By working in Shanghai studio, you will also be offered with an array of career development opportunities, an abundant training resources, and moreover, a stimulating and creative work environment.
If you’re looking for this kind of job opportunity, you’ll find it here at Ubisoft Shanghai.
Join us for an exciting adventure and make great games!
About Ubisoft & Shanghai Studio:
Ubisoft is a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services, with a rich portfolio of world-renowned brands, including Assassin’s Creed, Just Dance, Tom Clancy’s video game series, Rayman, Far Cry and Watch Dogs. The teams throughout Ubisoft’s worldwide network of studios and business offices are committed to delivering original and memorable gaming experiences across all popular platforms, including consoles, mobile phones, tablets and PCs. For the 2016-17 fiscal year Ubisoft generated sales of €1,460 million.
Created in 1996, Ubisoft Shanghai studio, is a vibrant and exciting place where our 400+ talents get opportunities to either co-develop great AAA blockbuster games, create cutting-edge online games or produce fun mobile games.
To learn more, please visit: www.ubisoftgroup.com