Build & Release Software Engineer (C++) - Frostbite
Guildford England United Kingdom
13 days ago
We are EA
At EA, we have one simple vision: become the world’s greatest games company. We are a community of artists, storytellers and technologists working in one of the most dynamic industries today. We’re building a company that thinks about player experience at every step. We are transforming for a digital future and work as one team. We take risks and we dream big. And together, we are changing the way millions play every day.
The Challenge Ahead
Frostbite in Guildford is a growing team that plays an essential role in the engine that EA has developed to empower game makers in the company. We focus on building an outstanding engine and features that directly inspire creativity in EA’s franchises such as FIFA, Need For Speed, Dragon Age and Battlefield. This is developed using an internal Open Source model that invites our best engineers to contribute.
We are looking for passionate and motivated engineers to join our high calibre team. You'll work as part of a small team, directly engaged with game teams around the globe to provide outstanding innovation and performance on PS4, Xbox One, PC, iPhone, iPad, Android and new platforms as they emerge. We will help you to grow and provide an opportunity to travel to other EA locations and work directly with studios around the globe.
Frostbite provides a stimulating work environment where you can tackle exciting and rewarding projects that make impact on the games enjoyed by millions.
What does a Build & Release Software Engineer do?
The Frostbite Release team manages over 150 engineers worth of work getting into the mainline. You will be part of a team keeping the build farm green and improving the lives of our engineers. You will receive mentoring from industry leaders and experts in their fields. We are looking for someone who can quickly familiarise themselves with multiple technologies and values collaboration. You will work with senior engineers and analysts to ensure systems are performing at optimum capacity.
You can expect to:
- Respond to issues within the Frostbite production environment by working across teams and gathering data to help troubleshoot issues.
- Work with team members on releases/updates and patches.
- Coordinate releases to ensure the integrity of the live environment is protected and the correct components are released.
- Work closely with the quality assurance team to ensure final version is up to organisational standards.
- Enforce new policies, improve process and nurture a culture that helps Frostbite release with better quality.
The next great Build & Release Software Engineer will need:
- Solid knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals such as object-oriented programming and data structures
- 3+ years experience in source control management (SCM)
- 3+ years professional experience on one or more OOP language such as C++, C# or Python
- Experience with continuous integration tools such as Jenkins, Gitlab or TeamCity
About the Frostbite UK Team
Frostbite UK is based in EA’s UK office in the centre of Guildford. It is a dynamic and creative place to work with on-site facilities including a restaurant, gym, fitness classes and numerous clubs. We have access to great benefits, including free EA games, pension, health and dental care, discounts and offers, ride-to-work schemes and more. Our campus is easily accessed from the mainline train station, town centre and other local amenities. We promote a collaborative working environment and put a great value on our employees’ work-life balance.
Our creative work ethos rewards new and different ideas. It is an environment that attracts brilliant talent from around the globe. No matter which of our studio locations you join, you'll feel the support of EA's global brand, while thriving on our outstanding campuses. At EA, the excitement you feel throughout each workday is made possible by a culture that inspires you to do the best work of your career.
More about our location: https://www.ea.com/careers/careers-overview/guildford