Build & Release Engineer
10 days ago
Housemarque is looking for a Build & Release Engineer!
Do you have a passion for identifying tedious manual processes and designing a way to automate them away? Do you enjoy tinkering with the latest tools and frameworks to learn how they can be used to improve existing systems?
Housemarque is looking for an experienced Build & Release Engineer to provide new tools and processes that enable our game development teams to do their best work. You’ll join our IT engineering team that is responsible for maintaining our build system and its related components as well as our very vital version control system. You’ll be a key contributor to getting our game projects shipped on time and without difficulties.
You’ll work on-site in Helsinki with our IT team and with some teammates working remotely. You do not necessarily need prior work experience in the games industry, as long as you are as passionate about optimizing build times as we are. You’ll also get to work directly with your own hardware, within our server cluster, should you choose to do so.
Build Engineer’s responsibilities include:
- Design, build, and maintain build and delivery pipelines
- Design and develop integration of version control systems with our project tools
- Identify opportunities for automation of software processes
- Identify and address any stability, performance and security risks within build tooling
- Create and maintain documentation of the build and release process
- Implement performance improvements in GPU/CPU intensive build processes
We expect you to have:
- 3+ years of experience in software development
- Experience with using and administration of version control systems
- Experience with using and configuring continuous integration
- Some experience in at least one programming language (C#, Java, C++ or other)
- Experience in using scripting languages (bash, python, PowerShell)
- Experience with using and administration of UN*X operating systems
- Fluent written and verbal English skills
- Impeccable background as an upstanding citizen in good standing with the Finnish government as this role requires security clearance
- Practical work experience with game engines (Unreal, Unity, etc.)
- Experience with continuous integration systems like Jenkins, TeamCity, etc.
- Python programming skills
- Knowledge of other scripting languages
- Experience with virtualization technologies
- Experience with server clustering systems
- Experience with configuration management tools
- Writing easily maintainable code
- Passion in video games
Housemarque has a track record of 25+ years of developing top-notch games with focus on tight gameplay, impeccable audiovisual execution, and technical excellence. Our latest game Returnal was released for PS5 in 2021.
At Housemarque, Game is King. We develop great games that bring happiness and joy to gamers and our fans. We aspire to be a great workplace where people develop professionally and as a person.
- Exciting and ambitious projects executed with the best tools
- 25+ years of experience in video game development
- Brilliant, diverse and empathetic colleagues to work with
- Freedom, flexibility and openness in a collaborative culture
- A warm and welcoming atmosphere at our cozy Helsinki office
- Competitive salary, benefits, healthcare, Nordic work-life balance
- Tailored relocation package to help you get settled into Finland
This is a permanent, full-time position based in Helsinki, Finland. We will start interviewing promising candidates immediately so please apply as soon as possible.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.