This job might no longer be available.
Build Farm Engineer [Avatar Project / Tom Clancy's the Division 2]
Malmö Skåne County se
4 days ago
Working as a Build Farm Engineer within the Build & Infrastructure team, your primary focus will be to maintain, develop and improve the in-house build system, the underlying infrastructure, and related processes. We are looking for an engineer to work with both our AAA projects at Massive, to collaborate and assist within the local studio as well as co-development studios around the globe. The responsibilities include short- and long-term planning and collaboration with Build Engineers in order to achieve next level reliability.
The role is a challenging and exciting position that will demand knowledge across several fields. You need a firm general technical understanding as well as the capacity to cooperate with people with differing needs and priorities. It is essential that you are a great communicator since interaction with other teams is key to ensure high quality.
You’ll work in a constantly evolving tech environment with a range of technologies like CentOS, ElasticSearch/Kibana, SaltStack, gitlab and much more, and you’ll share responsibilities with a group of talented programmers and DevOps engineers, all set on improving how Ubisoft will build and ship games right now and in the future.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden, and requires working onsite. We kindly ask you to apply with your CV and message to the hiring manager / cover letter in English. Applications will be reviewed whilst the job-ad is posted.
- Staying up to date with best practices and industry standards and make sure we apply them in our build and deployment processes and in the implementation of our infrastructure
- Evaluating and integrating new technologies to improve our environment and processes
- Liaising with and assisting other teams on a regular basis regarding shared issues and challenges
- Being flexible and providing support for other team members during critical stages of development
- Optimizing the developer workflow by making your DevOps and infrastructure expertise available to team members and others
- Being aware of and planning in accordance with real world constraints
- Keeping the build farm running smoothly, making sure we don’t go over our capacity constraints, and ensuring the maintenance burden is kept to a minimum
You as a person
You are service minded and enjoy explaining difficult technical issues in a down-to-earth manner. You think in innovative and creative ways and feel right at home working with systems that see constant change and improvements. We believe that you are observant and understanding, and capable of communicating possibilities and threats clearly whilst driving development forward autonomously. You despise doing the same thing over and over again and will much rather have the machines working for you than the other way around. You can drive change from concept through to deployment and you love adopting and leveraging new technologies.
Besides the above we’re looking for someone with experiences within the following areas:
- +3 years of experience working in DevOps
- Version control systems and CI/CD pipelines (Perforce and gitlab)
- Interest in advanced virtualization customization and optimization
- VM provisioning
- Great understanding of networking and storage technologies
- Service deployments using tools like Docker, Ansible and Salt
- Scripting in shell (bash, Powershell) and Python
- Monitoring using ELK, Grafana, Zabbix or others
- Experience migrating to IaC, preferably using OpenStack
Good to know
As we aim to build a team who continuously push the boundaries of what’s possible within game development (and because we love to learn and grow from the people around us), we might ask you to do a practical test as a part of the recruitment process.
We look forward to receiving your application and learning more about you. In the meantime, why not take a look at the videos posted below.
Longing to be part of a fun, creative and passionate workplace? We can offer you this and more in an open and friendly environment where you will work with some of the best craftsmen in the industry. Are you up for it? Come aboard for the ride!
Massive Entertainment is a premier producer of games and interactive entertainment for the global market. The studio is located in Malmö, Sweden and fully owned by Ubisoft Entertainment, the world’s third largest independent video game publisher. We are more than 650 people from 45+ different countries working together to produce major titles such as World in Conflict, Far Cry 3, Tom Clancy’s The Division and our latest Avatar Project.
We value diversity at Massive and promote a family-friendly culture and a gender-balanced work environment, where equal opportunities play a meaningful role in the day-to-day operations of our studio.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery.
At Ubisoft, you’ll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. Our massively friendly work environment will inspire you to go above and beyond to create experiences and brands people will fall in love with.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.