Build Engineering - XDefiant
8 days ago
As a member of the build engineering team you have direct influence over the quality of XDefiant. You are entrusted with developing the build infrastructure that takes game assets from raw data to finished game builds. You’ll be extending build tools, increasing build farm performance, and looking ways to improve the team’s productivity.
We are looking for upper-mid to senior level candidates for the build engineering team. We are looking for experienced, self-motivated and self-regulated individuals that can take over sections of the build process and take those areas to the next level.
During the game’s development, you commit yourself to answering the most fundamental questions: Are these build systems as reliable as they can be? Is iteration speed as quick as possible? Are there better ways to assemble these game assets? How can we improve deployment processes?
As a dependable member of a cohesive build team, you will participate in the design, coding, testing, integration and debugging of the game’s build system. You know that good build tools and reliable systems make a direct impact on the quality of the game and the experience that our players are looking for.
You’ll also be part of the diverse Ubisoft San Francisco team. We embrace a variety of work situations based on what is best for the team, and we welcome people working in our SF office, remotely within the continental US, or some combination of the two. We put a priority on supporting our team members and what makes them happiest and most productive.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Develop and maintain automated build systems and tools
- Integrate monitoring systems and automated testing to increase quality and reliability
- Develop systems for deploying, patching, and maintaining the game
- Document systems and procedures
- Support the live operations team leading up to and after release
- Work with the content team to find ways to expand automation
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- Experience managing complex build systems using Jenkins
- Experience developing Python code
- Familiarity with cloud platforms like GCP/AWS/Azure
- Good communication skills for interaction with the game and live operation teams
- DevOps mindset
Learn more about XDefiant here - https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/game/xdefiant
Learn more about the Snowdrop engine here - https://www.ubisoft.com/snowdrop
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Employer HSA contribution to fully cover your deductible (with enrollment in a HSA eligible medical plan)
- 401k match
- Paid vacation, holiday and wellness time
- Fitness, physical challenge, and eSports competition reimbursements
- Ginger emotional support app for you and your adult dependents with up to 10 sessions per year of video-based therapy and psychiatry services
- Membership to One Medical
- Rocket Lawyer online legal service membership
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
- Pawternity – paid time off to bond with a newly adopted pet
- Sabbatical leave available after 5 years of employment
- Access to all of the latest Ubisoft games for PC
- Generous discount on new Ubisoft games
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guideline
MORE ABOUT US
Ubisoft is composed of over 21,000 talented people located in 45+ development studios and offices across the globe. With more than 80% of our teams dedicated to creation, Ubisoft is the biggest in-house creative force in the industry.
Ubisoft’s worldwide network of video game development studios and business offices work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on iconic brands including Assassin's Creed®, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege®, Tom Clancy's The Division®, For Honor®, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more. Ubisoft is a global leader in the video games and entertainment software industry.
We are committed to enriching player’s lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore and discover new possibilities.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine, and everyone is eager to share knowledge.
The San Francisco base salary range for this full-time position is $120,000 - $180,000. The base pay offered may vary based on a candidate’s geographic region, qualifications, skills and experience among other factors. Compensation details reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, stock options, or benefits.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences. Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
Take entertainment to the next level. Join us and create the unknown.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
We do not accept any unsolicited resumes submitted by staffing or placement agencies or recruiters.