5 days ago
The Build Engineer position will report to either a lead or director in the programming team. Build Engineers are responsible for ensuring the day-to-day stability of the game by working closely with the QA department to ensure timely bug-fixes from the rest of the development team and to give first line support for build & build infrastructure related issues for the development team. They are also expected to be responsible for maintaining and improving the build process itself. A Build Engineer should have some understanding of best-practice and standard techniques in build system management will seek to learn more about innovations within the industry.
We would consider candidates looking for remote work for this position.
- Liaise with QA and development teams to integrate critical bug-fixes and features into builds.
- Maintain and improve build machines and our WAF and Jenkins build processes.
- Handle simple merge and conflict issues.
- Develop scripts to automate common processes.
- Give first line support for build & build infrastructure related issues for the development team.
- Experience with asset management system such as Perforce.
- Experience with build systems such as Jenkins.
- Intermediate level knowledge of C++ and Python.
- Intermediate level AWS management skills an advantage.
- Self-motivated and driven to creatively solve problems.
- Able to plan their work with some assistance.
- Strong communication skills, and comfortable working across teams.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, high growth, start-up company environment.
- Ability to work full-time based in Budapest, Hungary.
- Bachelor’s degree with a Computer Science/Software Engineering focus or similar experience.
Build A Rocket Boy is developing EVERYWHERE; an experience with a breadth of unimaginable gameplay adventure.
We are a mix of industry leading veterans whose credits include some of the best selling and most loved games of all time. We’re a creative digital entertainment studio with an open and progressive methodology, dedicated to delivering games of the highest calibre possible.
If you want to feel comfortable, inspired, and appreciated in your work pursuits then come join us. We have offices in Edinburgh, Budapest and consider WFH candidates.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.