Build Engineer [Unannounced Project] (289)
Newcastle upon Tyne England gb
15 days ago
- Maintain build machines;
- Work as a key part of an agile development team, organising and planning the implementation of features with direction from their lead, and assist less experienced programmers;
- Ensure coding standards are followed in their own and others code;
- Collect, interpret and analyse the technical feasibility of system/feature specifications;
- Write clear and well-structured code using the appropriate data structure and algorithms while bearing in mind performance, maintenance and architectural requirements;
- Include comments in the code and document implemented features;
- Stay up-to-date with technology advances within the field;
- Perform code review for peers;
- Assist less experienced build engineers;
- Capture data from the build farm to help define future development of the build system and build farm;
- Support the Lead Build Engineer in any ad-hoc duties and requests.
Skills and Knowledge
- Knowledge of a source control system (e.g. Perforce);
- Knowledge of script languages (e.g. C#, Perl, Python, Lua);
- Knowledge of build configuration and makefiles;
- Knowledge of build management tools (e.g. Jenkins);
- Knowledge of all areas of the build pipeline
- Understanding of speed and memory considerations, and able to implement basic optimisations;
- Knowledge of common algorithms, data structures and patterns, and their application;
- Ability to analyse unfamiliar code of a reasonable complexity to understand, extend and refactor functionality of an existing module;
- Ability to debug defects of a reasonable complexity, including memory related issues, and multi-threading;
- Knowledge of difference software development methods such as Test Driven Development, Unit Testing, Agile, etc.
- Knowledge of console platform submission requirements (TRCs, XRs, etc.) is desirable;
- Ability to adapt to change;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
Benefits & Relocation
Flexible working, 22 days annual leave + Christmas shutdown, private healthcare (with option to add immediate family), life insurance & income protection, workplace pension scheme, paid volunteering days, annual fitness & well-being allowance, games, technology & merchandise, subsidised travel and many more...
Relocation assistance is available to anyone currently living 50 miles or more from the studio location. Please contact a member of the talent acquisition team to find out what we have to offer and how we can support with your move here... relocation really doesn't have to be a daunting prospect.
Find out more about Ubisoft Reflections: https://reflections.ubisoft.com/about/ubisoft-reflections/
Ubisoft Reflections & Ubisoft Leamington is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Based in Newcastle upon Tyne, Ubisoft Reflections is a lead studio with a 35-year heritage and known for technical innovation, creating immersive worlds and vehicle & driving technology. The studio has collaborated with creative teams from other Ubisoft studios from around the world to contribute to the creation of some of the industry’s most acclaimed AAA games, the most recent of which include Watch Dogs Legion, Tom Clancy’s The Division & The Division 2, Assassins Creed Syndicate, Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands as well as ground-breaking in-house projects, such as the award-winning Grow Home and Grow Up series.