This job might no longer be available.
Build Engineer -Temporary (Star Wars)
Los Angeles California United States
3 months ago
Respawn Entertainment is a AAA video game development studio that aspires to create innovative hit games that leave a lasting impact for gamers worldwide. We are gameplay and player focused, and believe that every discipline plays a crucial part in helping create a great gaming experience. We strive to challenge and exceed expectations; aiming to ensure our players have an amazing experience every time they play our games. We work to create and nurture a family culture where trust and support for one another empower our talented developers to achieve more together. Our games include the critically acclaimed Apex Legends , Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order, Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond (VR) , and the Titanfall franchise.
We are looking for a Build Engineer who will work closely with the Star Wars Build & Release team that is responsible for maintaining and improving the code release pipeline for our web applications and automated processes. You will manage Continuous Integration, merging/branching, and other automated processes to improve the workflow of our developers.
You will be a part of the Development Release Engineering team or DRE which is EA's continuous integration and build experts. We are located in EA studios across North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific.
DRE prides themselves on providing superior automation services to our internal customers - EA's game, engine, product, and content teams. Our services include Build & Test Automation, Continuous Integration, Metrics Reporting, and Virtual Infrastructure Management. Learn more about us here.
**This is a 12-mos. temporary role. Relocation not available**
What you’ll do...
- Work as a technical liaison with development teams to address build issues and improvements
- Implement and maintain automation pipelines in our CI system (Jenkins)
- Work with our internal customers on designing, prototyping and implementing new automated workflows
- Monitor automation systems and proactively respond to breakages
- Monitor and analyze metrics to optimize automation systems
- Manage virtual infrastructure, including deploying and monitoring VMs
- Maintain the product backlog including tasks and their priorities
- Implement game preservation / archival tasks when applicable
Ideally, you’ll have...
- Experience or education in software development, or related discipline
- Excellent understanding of debugging best practices
- Experience with designing, creating, and maintaining automation jobs in CI systems (e.g. Jenkins, GitLab CI)
- Experience with OO languages (e.g. C#, C++, Java)
- Experience with scripting languages (e.g. Groovy, Python, Powershell, Batch)
- Experience with source-control administration (e.g. Perforce, Git)
- Results oriented and analytical, with a customer and business focus.
- Innovative, curious, and motivated to grow your technical abilities.
- Strong teamwork skills, but also the ability to take ownership and work independently
- Ability to communicate and discuss technical topics with both technical and business audiences.
- Excellent documentation skills
Other qualities we look for...
- Experience with Unreal Engine
- Experience deploying and maintaining virtual infrastructure (e.g. Virtual Machines)
- Experience with monitoring tools (e.g. ZABBIX)
- Experience with infrastructure automation tools (e.g. Chef, Ansible, Puppet)
- Experience with secrets management tools (e.g. Hashicorp Vault)
- Experience with metrics gathering and visualization tools (e.g. Splunk, Elastic Search, Kibana)
- Experience with container orchestration and management tools (e.g Docker, Kubernetes)