Build Engineer | Minecraft
Burnaby, British Columbia
17 days ago
Build amazing experiences in Halo Infinite , connect players across platforms in Minecraft , unleash your creativity on original IP or think strategy with Magic: The Gathering Arena . SkyBox Labs is a game development studio that works on some of the world’s most iconic games. Our current projects include working as a co-developer on Halo Infinite , projects in the Minecraft Universe , supporting the development of Magic: The Gathering Arena , and original title, Stela . As one of Vancouver’s fastest-growing game studios, since our inception in 2011, SkyBox Labs has evolved from a group of 8 people developing independent projects to a team of over 200 engineers, artists, designers, producers, and more.
We are looking for an experienced Build Engineer to join our growing Minecraft team! This is an exciting opportunity to work on a variety of build infrastructure and automation pipelines supporting multiple platforms. Come put your knowledge and skills to work in a fun, collaborative and dynamic game development environment.
- Monitor and address issues relating to automated systems and build infrastructure
- Address build issues and make suggestions for improvements
- Create, maintain and improve automation pipelines
- Provide updates on assigned tasks and identify project risks
- Provide constructive feedback on how to develop and improve processes, tools and workflows
- Push the boundaries of what you know by learning new technologies and systems to meet our technical and business needs
- Familiarity with build automation, test automation and build frameworks, preferably within the games industry
- At least 6-12 months of relevant professional software development experience
- Proficiency in Python and/or C++
- Strong problem-solving skills with a quick ability to learn new tasks
- Ability to communicate effectively with both internal and external teams
- A commitment to self-direction, collaboration and constant improvement
- Experience with CMake and/or MSBuild
- A passion for games!
A Culture of Empowerment, Collaboration and Personal Growth
Our studio’s success can be attributed to our culture of empowerment, collaboration and personal growth. We employ a flat structure where all team members are heard, respected and trusted. We encourage knowledge sharing and personal growth through our many Lunch & Learns and frequent feedback. This culture is underscored by our strong commitment to work-life balance.
One major thing that we’re proud of is that we’ve been able to grow a 200 person studio while cultivating an inclusive grassroots culture. We value our team members’ various backgrounds, hobbies, skills, and interests and this is demonstrated through our broad spectrum of social clubs: Join our soccer team, fitness group, potluck club, or one of our many D&D groups - you can even start your own!
Work During COVID-19
In order to keep our employees, candidates and community safe during the COVID-19 pandemic, the majority of our teams are working from home within Canada. All interviewing, onboarding, and most work will take place remotely for the foreseeable future.
SkyBox Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
Although we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.