We are looking for a Build Engineer with a focus on cloud infrastructure to assist in maintaining and improving the code release and automation pipeline, primarily in the areas of build agent maintenance and planning. You will work with developers, audio engineers, and a host of other team members to deliver, diagnose, and build out systems to help bring our latest and greatest AAA title to life.
- Creating, maintaining and documenting build processes and automation.
- Environment management to ensure all needs are covered for testing and development.
- Working with developers and QV to ensure builds are stable upon release.
- Creating and maintaining cloud build agents for the team.
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting build problems, and advertising these to the team.
- Report to the Manager of the Build and Release team
- Help support and develop custom tooling for builds and/or build reporting, containers, etc.
- 3+ years of configuration management/build systems experience
- 2+ years of professional experience with configuration and management of a cloud machine farm.
- 2+ years of professional experience with one of Azure DevOps, AWS, or equivalent, especially in the area of cloud storage.
- Familiarity with C# and/or Java
- Familiarity with building Unreal Engine projects (UE5 is a huge plus)
- Scripting and automation skills in one of Groovy, Python, or similar (Groovy preferred)
- Experience with creating jobs in and managing automated build systems such as Jenkins, Quickbuild, TeamCity or equivalent.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Experience with Perforce or equivalent SCM.
- Experience with JIRA or equivalent.
- Experience with Confluence or equivalent.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- Above all, an enthusiasm for figuring stuff out, and an enjoyment of multitasking
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these locations. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Pay offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
• California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento):
º $130,250 - $199,400 USD Annually
• New York (depending on location e.g. Manhattan vs. Buffalo):
º $120,450 - $199,400 USD Annually
• Jersey City, NJ :
º $147,400 - $199,400 USD Annually
• Colorado (depending on location e.g. Denver vs. Colorado Springs):
º $120,450 - $161,750 USD Annually
• Washington (depending on location e.g. Seattle vs. Spokane):
º $120,450 - $188,600 USD Annually
• British Columbia (depending on location e.g. Vancouver vs. Victoria):
º $93,700 - $153,900 CAN Annually
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. In the US, we offer a package of benefits including paid time off (3 weeks per year to start), 80 hours per year of sick time, 16 paid company holidays per year, 10 weeks paid time off to bond with baby, medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401(k) to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity. For British Columbia, we offer a package of benefits including vacation (3 weeks per year to start), 10 days per year of sick time, paid top-up to EI/QPIP benefits up to 100% of base salary when you welcome a new child (12 weeks for maternity, and 4 weeks for parental/adoption leave), extended health/dental/vision coverage, life insurance, disability insurance, retirement plan to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.