This job might no longer be available.
Build/DevOps Engineer - temp/contract
Austin Texas United States
7 months ago
DRE - Build/DevOps Engineer
DRE is EA’s continuous integration and build experts. We are a team of over 100, located in EA studios across North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific.
We pride ourselves on providing automation services to our internal customers - EA's game, engine, product, and content teams.
We are looking for someone to join the Development and Release Engineering team (DRE) in Austin, Texas as a DevOps Engineer and provide excellent services to our internal partner development teams. This engineer will report to our remote Engineering Manager.
- Work as a technical liaison with partner development teams to address build, infrastructure and CI/CD related issues
- Create and maintain automation pipelines and workflows
- Identify gaps/toil within build & automation workflows and implement automated scalable, reliable and repeatable solutions
- Monitor and address automated systems issues
- Work with IT and internal DRE team on expanding and maintaining build infrastructure environments
- Report regular status on assigned tasks and identify project issues
- Proficient in object-oriented/scripting languages (e.g C#, Java, Groovy, Python, Ruby)
- Proficient in implementing CI/CD pipelines (e.g Jenkins, GitLab CI)
- Secrets management tools (e.g Vault)
- Artifact repositories (e.g Artifactory, NPM, NuGet)
- Source control management tools (e.g Perforce, Git)
- Data reporting (e.g Splunk, ElasticSearch)
- Virtualization environments and tools (e.g VMs, vSphere)
Nice to haves:
- Commercial mobile game engine experience (e.g. Unreal, Unity)
- Mobile app development (e.g iOS, Android)
- Configuration management tools (e.g Chef, Ansible, Puppet, Terraform)
- Cloud platforms (e.g AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Containerization technologies (e.g Docker, Kubernetes)
- Infrastructure monitoring tools (e.g New Relic, DataDog, Zabbix)
- Familiar with best practices around automation security