Broadcast Technical Lead
New York, NY, United States
5 days ago
Rockstar Games is looking for a dedicated Broadcast Technical Lead to join the team at our NoHo, NYC headquarters working with and supporting the Rockstar Marketing Department’s gaming broadcast and content initiatives. Candidate should have expert professional experience in eSports or gaming broadcasts and content, engineering multicamera video and digital audio for both live streams and recorded video on demand. This role requires expert proficiency with NewTek TriCaster technology, and will entail the responsibility of serving as live broadcast and recording engineer, as well as helping to oversee and maintain Rockstar’s multiplayer gameplay studio facility and working with the Community Team to take our owned and earned gaming video content efforts to the next level.
The candidate should possess extensive knowledge of current Rockstar titles, excellent organizational skills, a meticulous eye for detail and have a serious passion for videogames and internet culture.
WHAT WE DO
- The Rockstar Games Marketing Team develops and executes all go-to-market campaigns and persistent Online games programming across Rockstar Games’ suite of titles.
- We are responsible for leading the strategic planning and creative execution for all facets of promoting and selling our titles including creative video and static asset development, product packaging, social media, events, partnerships, promotions, retail, and much more.
- We are the key gatekeepers of the Rockstar Game brand, ensuring brand guidelines are adhered across all channels and overseeing all extensions of the Rockstar Games brand through all consumer touchpoints.
- We work closely with teams across all of publishing and the worldwide development studios to ensure seamless execution of plans internally, in our game titles and across the world, including the always on marketing of our Online game titles, Grand Theft Auto Online, and Red Dead Online.
- Driving the strategy, integrity and production value of our gaming session video initiatives from a technical perspective.
- Leading operation of NewTek TriCaster during live video broadcasts and recorded play sessions.
- Staying abreast of and implementing new technologies, trends and innovations to ensure our broadcast efforts are cutting edge and pushing boundaries; Innovating and evolving our broadcast and gaming video on demand content techniques.
- Constantly be on the lookout for ways to cultivate our community and involve them in broadcast initiatives.
- Assist the Community Directors in providing support to the wider marketing and PR teams for gaming video assets and events as required.
- Maintenance of all hardware and software within our dedicated multi-player demo studio, including audio mixers, hardware flows, video game consoles, and more.
- Archiving of all video and digital audio recordings conducted within the studio and delivery of assets to internal stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Broadcast experience in a lead capacity within the eSports or video game live stream industry.
- A passion for gaming, strong knowledge and interest in pop culture and the Rockstar Games brand.
- Expert level proficiency and experience with NewTek TriCaster hardware and NDI video tech.
- Proficiency with system networking and with software/technologies such as OBS, NDI, Discord.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Highly self-motivated and proactive with ability to work both with minimal supervision and as part of a team environment.
- Experience with audio mixing consoles and interfaces.
- Knowledge of major streaming platforms (such as Twitch, Facebook, and YouTube).
- Strong planning, project management, and analytical skills.
- Ability to work swiftly and efficiently in a fast-paced environment and with short turnaround times.
- The ability to keep a level head and maintain grace under pressure.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Interest and initiative to innovate Rockstar’s community initiatives and bring them to the next level.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Working knowledge of After Effects, Premiere Pro, and Photoshop.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a CV and cover-letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.