This job might no longer be available.
Broadcast Engineer, Global Broadcast
Los Angeles, CA, United States
7 months ago
Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a Broadcast Engineer to support our Global Broadcast Team. The ideal candidate is a highly organized, detail oriented, and self-motivated individual with outstanding communications abilities and skilled in broadcast engineering. Duties include working with the broadcast engineering team to execute signal distribution requirements, assist in the technical implementation of complex projects, and technical troubleshooting.
- Support and manage technical aspects of internal broadcasts from the studio
- Organize and maintain equipment and inventory
- Follow signal flow diagrams, equipment lists, etc. to support show execution
- Act as a technical lead and on-site operational support for studio shows and support other broadcast engineers on technical implementation and delivery of complex projects
- Support external events and broadcasts with technical knowledge
- Monitor streaming events
- Engineer epic experiences
- 5+ Years of Industry Experience
- A clear understanding of all aspects of broadcast production
- Knowledgeable about consumer streaming workflows and technologies
- Operational experience with video equipment: switchers, routers, replay, terminal gear, recording and archival, etc.
- Operational experience with audio equipment: consoles, playback, snake systems, coms
- Well organized, quick learner, and an effective communicator
- Ability to work a flexible schedule in support of live events at the studio, mainly weekends
- Microsoft Office proficient
- Passion for games
- Experience with multiple streaming platforms and basic knowledge of encoding, specifically cloud encoding and on-premise encoding
- Experience with Media Asset Management Systems
- Visio Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Love for Esports!