Broadcast Cinematics Designer - EA Sports FC (1 year contract)
1 month ago
EA SPORTS is one of the most iconic brands in entertainment – connecting hundreds of millions around the world to the sports they love through a portfolio of industry-leading video games.
After nearly 30 years of creating genre-defining, interactive football experiences with the world's biggest football entertainment platform, EA SPORTS FIFA , we begin an exciting new era. EA SPORTS FC will become the future of football from EA SPORTS – as we strive to take global football experiences to new heights. Join us in driving the next gaming revolution for football fans everywhere.
With more opportunities than ever to innovate and create new, authentic experiences that bring joy, inclusivity, and immersion to a global community of fans, we invite you to join us and pioneer the future of football with EA SPORTS!
As a Broadcast Designer, you will create and implement cinematic content for EA Sports FC games. You will collaborate with game designers, art directors and producers on the design of compelling, authentic and exciting experiences that showcase the beautiful game of football to fans around the world. You will also partner with programmers and artists to implement exciting in-game sequences using in-house tools and the Frostbite engine.
- Design, prototype and implement various in-game camera sequences within the provided schedule.
- Follow direction and reference materials provided by producers, art directors and game designers, and realize the vision through your own cameras and sequences.
- Learn and use in-house tools and the Frostbite engine to implement cameras and sequences of shots that convey the authenticity of a live football match broadcast.
- Use in-house tools and the Frostbite engine to implement indicators and other broadcasting-related augmented reality elements.
- Collaborate with multiple teams (artists, animators, gameplay, audio, interface and rendering engineers) to identify and define requirements for implementation of broadcasting features.
- Gather references and present ideas back to the team, contributing to the design vision of the project.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Two years experience in a digital art content creation pipeline, ideally in the video game industry.
- Knowledge of cinematography techniques: camera composition, timing, framing and cinematic scene blocking.
- Understand narrative causality and logic.
- Commitment to deliver quality content while balancing efficiency.
- Experience with industry software, such as game engines and 3D software.