Brand Marketing Manager
11 days ago
Get to know The Pokémon Company International
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
Learn more online at Pokemon.com and on Facebook (facebook.com/pokemon), YouTube (youtube.com/pokemon), Twitter (twitter.com/pokemon), and Instagram (instagram.com/pokemon).
Get to know the role
Job Title: Brand Marketing Manager
Job Summary: Reporting to the Senior Manager, Product Marketing, this role will focus on marketing initiatives that support the Pokémon brand overall. Examples of recent brand marketing campaigns include P25 25th anniversary and Pokémon Futsal partnership with the English Football Association. The Brand Marketing Manager will be responsible for creating and executing new brand-level initiatives to support the overall business strategy across the EMEA region and to assist with existing brand initiatives where necessary. This role will involve a high degree of collaboration with both internal teams and external partners and agencies.
People Manager: No
What you’ll do
- Working with Senior Manager, Product Marketing and Senior Director, Marketing to define the annual brand marketing strategy and objectives for EMEA.
- Leading the creation of new strategic brand marketing plans working closely with cross-functional teams to align on messaging, goals and objectives. Then working with those teams to deliver engaging campaigns aligned to those objectives.
- Localising and adapting brand campaign assets and tactics from other Pokémon group offices for the EMEA region.
- Bring new brand marketing ideas to the table that are rooted in consumer insights
- Pitching brand marketing plans internally and maintaining key stakeholder support at all times throughout the project.
- Sourcing and managing suitable external agencies or brand partners where applicable.
- Initiating and coordinating relevant internal support functions such as Public Relations, Social Media and advertising to promote the initiative.
- Management of project budgets and tracking of agreed KPIs.
- Sharing regular project status updates within the organization.
- Compiling and presenting post-campaign analyses.
What you’ll bring
- Five (5) to seven (7) years of related professional experience.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Extensive knowledge of European kids marketing and entertainment brand landscapes..
- Strong communicator, able to get stakeholders on board with new initiatives.
- Excellent ability to interact well with a variety of work groups, and partners from different cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to think strategically and creatively.
- Entrepreneurial spirit with a positive, can-do attitude.
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to manage budgets effectively.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Additional EMEA languages (French or German in particular) a strong plus.
How you’ll be successful
- Passion for Pokémon: Develops an understanding of the Pokémon brand, the impact it has on our people, culture, business, fans, and communities, and applying that knowledge and passion to everything you do.
- Challenging the Expected: Approaches challenges with curiosity and creativity, embracing the possibility of failure as an opportunity to learn something new, develop innovative ideas, solve complex problems and identify unique opportunities.
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates integrity and respect by leading with empathy, listening to others, seeking out different perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and results.
- Dedicated to Quality: Takes ownership to maintain and promote high standards, looks for new ways to learn and improve, and embraces a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others in an effort to continuously improve.
- Building Relationships: Develops and strengthens relationships, adopting a “team first” mentality and working collaboratively to solve problems and meet shared goals.
- Delighting Customers: Listens and understands the interests and needs of our customers and stakeholders, making them feel heard and important, and embracing these learnings to continue delivering a unique Pokémon experience.
What to expect
- An employee first culture
- Company events that celebrate the spirit of Pokémon
- Competitive cash-based compensation programs
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
- Generous paid family leave
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short-term income protection insurance
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter benefit
- LinkedIn learning
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. For roles in the United Kingdom, candidates will need the right to work. In some cases, and for some roles, the Company may be able to arrange a visa. For roles in Ireland, this role requires candidates to have the right to live and work in the Republic of Ireland. However, we welcome applications from all nationalities and may consider supporting an employment permit application, in appropriate and suitable cases.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.