Brand Marketing Director
10 days ago
Exploding Kittens is a leading game and entertainment company with a mission to inspire people to connect, laugh, and play fun games in the physical world. After initially seeking to raise $10K through Kickstarter, the Exploding Kittens campaign raised $8.7M in 30 days from 219,000 backers. To date, Exploding Kittens is the #1 most-backed project in Kickstarter history and has sold over 18 million games. Started by former Xbox game designer Elan Lee and The Oatmeal’s
founder Matthew Inman, Exploding Kittens and its family of games seek to reshape traditional game night into an entertaining person-to-person experience. Today, there are nearly 30 games available for purchase as well as an Exploding Kittens mobile app that is one of the top 30 premium games on both iOS
, and the Nintendo Switch
console, as well as a free-to-play app, Kitty Letter.
The Brand Marketing Director for Exploding Kittens includes managing the go to market and marketing calendar across all retail and brand, assessing and improving existing initiatives and campaigns, and devising new strategies to build brand awareness. This role is crucial to the shaping the overall brand initiatives Exploding Kittens is set to accomplish.
HOW YOU’LL CONTRIBUTE:
- Oversee implementation of the marketing strategy - including campaigns, events, digital marketing, and PR
- Execute existing marketing plan to help EK achieve our revenue budget and brand awareness targets
- Work closely with our eCommerce team to build our brand and support new and existing game launches across retail partners and our own DTC business
- Work closely with the Exploding Kitten’s Sales and Product team; enabling them to meet their business objectives by providing them with appropriate materials and presentations including customer surveys, insights and feedback
- Lead and grow our organic social media presence, establishing Exploding Kittens as the social leader across the Party Game category. Direct programs to increase brand awareness and recognition while driving sales across owned and partner channel
- Lead Public Relations initiatives including thought leadership, product launches, and events in partnership with our current agency
- Grow, mentor and develop our exceptional brand marketing team
- Contribute to new business development initiatives
- Frequent domestic and international travel
WHAT WE NEED:
- Proven track record of success in senior marketing roles leading brand, creative, social and PR
- Substantial experience growing and creating award winning social media campaigns and channels including emergent channels (e.g. TikTok)
- Creative and entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to spot original branding opportunities
- Exceptional knowledge of marketing techniques and platforms
- In-depth understanding of all aspects of marketing: brand awareness, digital (paid and organic), influencer and live events
WHAT WE OFFER:
- 100% Company paid medical, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- Flexible spending account options (medical, dependent care, transit)401k with company matching
- Flexible paid vacation
- Learning & development allowance
- Monthly wellness benefit + complementary wellness subscriptions
- Complimentary lunches on Fridays (where we play games together!)
Please apply directly at jobs.lever.co/explodingkittens . Make sure to include a PDF of your current resume along with a cover letter.
As an Equal Employment Opportunity employer we are committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunity to applicants and employees regardless of sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), race (including protected hairstyles such as dreadlocks, braids and twists), religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), color, gender (including gender identity and gender expression and/or the fact that an individual is transgender, transitioning or transitioned), color, ancestry, national origin, possession of a driver’s license, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information/trait/condition, marital or familial status, family care or medical leave status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status, membership in military reserves, political affiliation, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance or regulation We consider all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local, state and federal “ban the box” and “fair chance” laws.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.