17 days ago
Who We Are:
2K publishes some of the most popular video & mobile game franchises on the planet including Borderlands, BioShock, NBA 2K, WWE 2K, Evolve, XCOM, and Sid Meier’s Civilization.
What We Need:
2K is looking for a creative and passionate Brand Manager to assist in the management and execution of the global marketing efforts for our suite of Core game projects.
Under direction of the Sr. Brand Manager, the Brand Manager will contribute to the development and execution of the global strategic brand vision and go-to-market plans, with special emphasis on pre- and post-launch live service marketing support. This role will use consumer and business insights to identify areas of opportunity for new strategic initiatives and campaign optimizations, and collaborate with cross-functional teams to execute programs while driving successful results.
The ideal candidate will be eager to grow, become part of a passionate and talented team, and take ownership of key responsibilities over time.
What You Will Do:
With support and direction from the Sr. Brand Manager, become a global ambassador of the brand, assisting in the creation, presentation and execution of plans with cross-functional teams.
- Help develop and execute the global brand plans & guidelines for assigned products and coordinate with game development teams and partners for sign-off on product plans & lifecycle of the product.
- Through regular analysis of consumer insights, project sales data and game telemetry, identify and advocate initiatives that will improve player acquisition, engagement, retention, and in-game monetization.
- With the consumer mindset at the forefront, partner with cross-functional teams, including development, community, commercials, digital marketing, comms, influencer marketing, sales, first party, partnerships, legal, and more to identify business opportunities, create relevant programs and drive the marketing execution.
- Project manage and execute overall marketing roadmap including, the live service marketing roadmap, detailing, and creating global team visibility for all pre- and post-launch title in-game activities, events and content releases.
- Execute and manage both long- and short-term tactical plans, ensuring cross-functional teams adhere to project deadlines and achieve targets.
- Author and submit asset briefs, project tracking, maintaining and updating deliverable dates to ensure timely delivery of global marketing materials that are on message. Identify, global creative needs (all in-game and out-of-game promotional asset requirements and messaging per channel),
- Creative including, but not limited to: key art, packaging, advertising creative (TV, outdoor, digital,) video, social media, CRM, sales support and point-of-purchase materials, promotional merchandise and events/activations
- Ability to identify and analyze risk while providing mitigation support if requested.
- Other related duties as required.
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit:
If you’re a positive, motivated, creative, and collaborative marketer looking for your next challenge, you might be the right fit for 2K’s team of award-winning brand marketers. You’ll love bringing consumer insights to life with innovative campaigns that will delight our core fans and engage prospective new audiences alike. You’ll enjoy working across all the marketing disciplines and development teams, and orchestrating execution excellence. You’ll embrace managing multiple, simultaneous tasks/projects with an eye for detail and an alertness for deadlines.
Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field required. MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years consumer product marketing experience with demonstrated track record of planning & executing creative marketing programs on a global level, preferably digital-focused.
- Live service marketing background and understanding of player acquisition and long-term retention.
- A strong understanding of games-as-a-service, virtual goods and emerging technologies and trends.
- Impeccable project management skills and high degree of comfort managing multiple projects.
- Creative thinker and strategist with the ability to think ahead, self-prioritize effectively, and contribute cross-functionally.
- A strong foundational understanding of both consumer research and business analytics
- Excellent verbal and written communication/presentation skills, and a proven ability to work collaboratively across a number of internal, external and international teams.
- Results-oriented, self-motivated, extremely organized and detail-oriented.
- Moderate travel required (industry events, developer visits, sales support / satellite office meetings