This job might no longer be available.
Brand Manager, Global Publishing, Diablo Immortal
Irvine, CA, United States
8 months ago
Blizzard is on a quest to find a legendary Brand Manager who is a grandmaster at their craft. This is someone who has a deep understanding of marketing strategy and branding, but also has a keen appreciation for mobile marketing, mobile platforms, and mobile operations. They will lead the end-to-end development of go-to-market campaigns, lead and own major publishing initiatives, develop creative projects, and drive best-in-class global publishing execution. They recognize players come from different realms all over the world, and actively seek to engage, collaborate with, and empower regional teams to succeed. They are adept at navigating matrixed environments, natural collaborators, and always looking to work across functions to find the best solutions for the product. Most importantly they have a huge well of empathy for players because they are players themselves.
- Initiative Ownership. Develop and drive key mobile publishing initiatives and programs that achieve business objectives, manage timelines and key deliverables across teams, while bringing compelling and epic experiences to players at the same time.
- Leadership. Lead cross-functional publishing teams with clarity and empathy, collaborating on plans, over-communicating goals and strategies, relentlessly removing roadblocks, and championing the product.
- Campaign Lead. Manage the global coordination around go-to-market plans with the precision of a raid leader for product announcements, features, and updates. Everyone knows what to do, when to do it, and of course, to not stand in the fire.
- Collaboration. Always trying hard to find that organizational holy grail - alignment! - listening first, articulating goals, and whenever there are gaps, finding common ground across development, regional, and cross-functional teams.
- Creative. Partner with our creative teams to create assets that both resonate with players and are tailored for mobile platforms. Build robust creative pipelines to support mobile user acquisition, A/B testing, asset optimization, and ASO. Ensure creative consistency across all player touch points.
- Knowledge. Know what you know, and for what you don't know you seek honest answers through data, analytics, surveys, and focus groups. You are not in the business of "massaging" the data to fit a desired outcome, and only seek honest answers to tough questions.
- Experience working effectively and constructively with development, publishing, regional, and external agency teams.
- Experience leading product launch campaigns at scale, including mobile products, and the self-awareness to understand learnings from both the successes and the failures.
- Master of mobile ecosystems, platforms, channels, ASO, and performance marketing.
- Track record of creative projects they are proud of, and also not proud of.
- Does not make distinction between life achievements and gaming achievements - they are one and the same.
- 5+ years’ experience in a marketing or related field.
- MBA strongly preferred
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences