Brand Manager (Exclusive Games)
18 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Brand Manager (Exclusive Games)
San Mateo, CA
We’re looking for a seasoned gaming brand manager to join the global brand marketing team overseeing The God of War franchise out of the esteemed PlayStation Studios. The Brand Manager will lead the development and execution of the brand and commercial strategy for the biggest release of the year and continued oversight of the storied franchise post release.
- Lead the development of go-to-market strategy and multi-channel, global marketing execution
- Using cross-functional teams including, but not limited to: consumer insights, platform teams, development, PR, and 3P data and industry trends to build and implement insightful/data-driven decision making and product/campaign recommendations
- Partner with the studio to create and implement a strategic and authentic global campaign to support ramp and launch
- Oversee regional leads and localization teams across the globe to ensure a successful and strategic worldwide rollout with a truly global campaign
- Team up with colleagues in PR, Influencers, Partnerships, Paid Media, Social Media, CRM and all cross functional teams to lead and execute an extraordinary global AAA game release
- Lead internal media technology, strategy, and agency teams to develop and execute and oversee paid media, and creative executions
- Lead stakeholder approval process of marketing assets and activation plans
- Focus on driving sales with both physical and digital retailers
- Develop and implement post launch strategy and tactics to drive sustained sales and brand awareness
- Create annual budget allocations and adjust budgets throughout the year
- Author campaign briefs and track campaign readiness
- Lead and mentor a small team
- 5+ years of experience launching and marketing video games
- Someone who wants ownership. Your oversight will help drive the game and business to new heights!
- Someone who likes rolling up their sleeves. You will join a selfless and dedicated team that has a passion for doing impactful work
- Someone who loves games. Your expertise and love of games will impact your ability to do great work!
- Someone who lives creatively. We like that special combination of someone who knows how to block and tackle, but also will come up with the next extraordinary idea.
- Experience with working on large IPs in the gaming space
- Proven understanding of major media campaigns
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.