Brand Manager, Call of Duty league
1 month ago
Job Title:Brand Manager, Call of Duty league
The Call of Duty League (CDL) is seeking a star brand manager who is passionate about implementing large-scale marketing campaigns that foster loyal, engaged fans. The person in this role will work closely with the Senior Brand Manager, Call of Duty Esports to help build world-class marketing programs that establish the League as the premier global professional entertainment experience. The brand manager will be the steward of the CDL brand and will help to manage the look and feel of league internally as well as with franchise owners, broadcasters and other external partners. He or she will manage the day-to-day interactions with creative partners, including advertising and production agencies and internal Activision creative, content, and publishing groups.
The ideal candidate has experience developing and executing large-scale, multi-faceted, global marketing campaigns, as well as working closely with a content team for entertainment marketing efforts. He or she will also be a creative marketer who can align marketing with product goals and be obsessed with the consumer.
The successful candidate has a passion for Call of Duty and/or the CDL, and loves developing integrated marketing campaigns and content. This role is based full-time in Santa Monica, CA.
- Develop and implement the league’s global marketing strategies and plans; focused on driving viewership, acquiring new fans, and enhancing engagement with current fanbase
- Help build and execute 360 integrated marketing plans across owned, earned, and paid channels; work with the integrated team to ensure correct distribution platforms are leveraged and optimized for performance
- Oversee internal and external agencies to develop creative assets and content that support marketing initiatives
- Liaison with cross-functional teams across Activision, including the Call of Duty marketing team, to develop and execute cross-promotional programs
- Spearhead, review and approve all branding, including creative developed internally, from sponsors and network partners.
- Manage holistic relationships with product, game franchise, league operations, digital product strategy, creative (internally and externally with agencies), media, and other key functional partners
- Develop and execute promotional programs to increase fan engagement and viewership, while monitoring budget and maintaining alignment with brand positioning.
- Project-manage all brand marketing initiatives, ensuring deliverables are executed on time with required approvals.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, Communications, related field or equivalent experience. Master’s Degree in Business Administration is a plus
- 5+ years’ experience in consumer marketing / brand management for sports, video gaming, entertainment, consumer products, advertising, or related industries
- Extremely organized and detail oriented
- Outstanding communications, presentation, and influencing skills
- Embodies a strong entrepreneurial spirit and an ability to address challenges and opportunities from fresh perspectives, but with ability to function well in a matrixed organization
- Demonstrates the outstanding problem-solving capabilities necessary to resolve issues that face a growing enterprise
- Must be a self-starter and have ability to manage one’s own time and prioritize tasks
Required Application Materials
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Cover letter – Must include why you love Call of Duty / Call of Duty League, or any relevant experience working on the Call of Duty brand