This job might no longer be available.
Brand Manager, Call of Duty Mobile
15 days ago
Job Title:Brand Manager, Call of Duty Mobile
As a Brand Manager (Call of Duty Mobile) you will be responsible for Call of Duty Mobile franchise in Japan. This is someone who has demonstrated oneself as a leader of high-functioning cross-discipline publishing teams. Not only do they have a deep understanding of marketing strategy and branding, but they also have a keen appreciation of the role community, PR, creative, and development teams play in creating world-class publishing experiences.
They will tailor and execute the HQ Publishing and product positioning plans for mobile games with local nuances, develop creative campaigns, and shape long-term publishing strategy in Japan market.
They recognize players come from different realms all over the world, and actively seek to engage, collaborate with, and empower our games to succeed. Most importantly, they have a huge well of empathy for players because they are players themselves.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Leadership. Servant-lead with clarity and empathy, providing publishing teams with a clear brand vision for the franchise, being receptive to their needs, and constantly power-leveling their talent trees.
- Strategic Planning. Drive both short and long-term strategic planning for a franchise, setting local publishing goals and plans, identifying key beats & KPIs, setting and managing the spend, applying publishing frameworks, and aligning staffing with the needs of the franchise.
- Business/Operating Results. Actively manage brand lifecycle by recommending launch build quantities, profit maximizing strategies based a solid understanding of brand’s ARPU, WAU’s, MAU’s and competitive environment.
- Leadership Results. Develop and implement brand learning plans/post-mortems that measure return on marketing investment and provide indicated actions to improve marketing effectiveness for future title releases.
- Collaboration. Always trying hard to find that organizational holy grail - alignment! - listening first, articulating goals, and whenever there are gaps, finding common ground across cross-functional local and HQ publishing teams.
- Creative. Create memorable publishing experiences with authentic creative campaigns that resonate with local players, and you also wouldn't mind posting to your own social media feed.
- Knowledge. Know what you know, and for what you don't know, be relentless in seeking those answers through data, analytics, surveys, and focus groups. You are not in the business of "massaging" the data to fit the desired outcome and only seek honest answers to tough questions.
- 7+ years’ experience in publishing or operating games on various platforms. Mobile platform preferred.
- Experience working effectively and constructively with publishing and external agency teams.
Knowledge & Skills
- Veteran leading global launch campaigns at the local scale, including mobile products, and the self-awareness to understand learnings from both the successes and the failures.
- Understands how to interpret data and KPIs and turn analytical insight into actionable plans.
- Firm and expansive understanding of the mobile games industry.
- Rich and expansive understanding and experience in Japan mobile game market and consumer behavior.
- Passion to self-motivate, the guile to sell your ideas to other stakeholders, and the commitment to execute those ideas cross-functionally.
- Native Japanese skills and Proficient English levels.
- Shooting/FPS genre experiences with in-game economy management.
Knowledge & Skills
- Knowledge of and experience with digital marketing is also a plus (UA, CRM/lifecycle, social/digital, etc.).
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.