This job might no longer be available.
Brand Director - Mkg
Montreal QC ca
7 months ago
As a Brand Director at Ubi MTL, you bring a market-perspective to production, so that we deliver experiences grounded in consumer insights while maintaining the integrity of a creative vision.
You’re the ambassador for a specific video game franchise, a representative of its community within its development team. You know our audience – and what they want. Your expertise influences the content that goes into a game as well as the way we communicate about it externally, inspiring players – both current and potential – to dive into our worlds.
What you’ll do
- Work closely with other core team members to discuss game concepts & long-term goals.
- Define the brand identity, its values and themes, positioning, target market, etc.
- Develop the communication timeline, milestones, KPIs, and budgets.
- Collaborate on marketing strategies and tactics (campaigns, events, sales, etc.) to build brand awareness and loyalty.
- Partner with the consumer research and community management teams to gather player insights + understand and address feedback and performance.
- Team up with producers and other directors to review in-game content, ensuring that suggestions are aligned with what our community wants.
- Provide data-backed recommendations throughout production, bridging the market and the development team.
- Research and monitor market trends to identify exposure opportunities.
- Occasionally travel locally and abroad to meet with marketing and sales teams, visit co-dev studios, attend events, promote the brand, etc.
- Build and grow your brand team.
What you bring
- An undergraduate degree in Marketing, Business, or equivalent
- Around 10 years of brand or product marketing experience or related experience
- Ability to translate analytical findings into actionable recommendations
- Understanding of pop culture and the video game production process
- A highly creative, collaborative, and empathetic spirit
- A transparent approach to community management (you believe we have to do what we say and say what we do)
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- An entrepreneurial mindset (you can overcome obstacles and learn from mistakes)
- A passion for the video game industry + motivation to adapt to its (constantly evolving) rhythm
- What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
More than anything, at Ubi Montreal, you will regularly ship a variety of big, quality titles – Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Rainbow Six, Watch_Dogs, For Honor and… well we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet… – and work with some of the most talented people in the industry.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.