Brand Designer, Marcom Design Team (Contract)
Redwood City California United States
10 days ago
Brand Designer, Marcom Design Team (9-month Contract)
EA’s Marcom Design Team’s mission is to ignite the imaginations of players through world-class design strategy and craftsmanship. We are a multidisciplinary creative team responsible for branding and visual identity, graphic design, digital media design, and motion graphics.
Reporting to the Creative Director, the Brand Designer is responsible for the hands-on development of visual brand identities, design systems, and digital / print channel executions in support of the Electronic Arts brand. Based in EA Redwood Shores California, you will partner with Brand Transformation, Marcom Strategy, and Global Brand Management to help shape the Electronic Arts brand across all player and employee touchpoints.
Our ideal candidate has a track record of successfully building globally recognized brands in organizations that expect nothing less than A+ work. Additionally, this candidate must thrive in a collaborative environment, adapt well to a constantly evolving industry, possess practical knowledge of brand and digital design, and generally carry positive energy that benefits the greater team.
- Well-versed in developing and maintaining corporate brand style guidelines.
- Contribute on the execution of all Electronic Arts brand related initiative across both employee and player facing touchpoints such as corporate campaign, environmental design, events, social, paid, and etc.
- Ensure that creative complies with brand, platform, and industry-standard specs.
- Work in a hands-on environment that requires flexibility, imagination, a can-do attitude, a sense of fun, and the desire to learn and grow.
- Ability to interpret creative feedback and data into iterative design. A multi-revision process is often part of our work.
- Understand the importance of aligning the overall campaign narrative into every consumer touchpoint.
Skills and experience:
- 5+ years of experience at a design agency and/or in-house design team.
- Proven experience in designing for global brands in digital, print, and environmental channels with a track record of delivering robust visual design systems.
- Ability to develop ideas from concept to execution utilizing your vast knowledge of strategic branding, retail environments, paid and owned marketing channels.
- Possess solid communication skills.
- Excellent hands-on design, typography, and layout skills.
- Be creative and bring a fresh perspective while working within the brand and project parameters.
- Experience with motion graphics, 3D modeling, illustration, image retouching, and photoshoot direction is a plus.
- Capable of juggling multiple projects within tight deadlines.
- Detail oriented.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently, with excellent time management skills and a strong work ethic.
- Must be comfortable making changes to work based upon layered feedback.
- Advanced skills in Adobe programs including Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign. Understanding of After Effects, Keynote, PPT, HTML5, 3D Modeling software is a plus.
- Passion for design and games!
- BFA in Graphic Design. Additional experience in related fields a plus