This job might no longer be available.
Media Arts Team Manager - Diablo IV | Albany, NY or Irvine, CA
1 month ago
Job Title:Media Arts Team Manager - Diablo IV | Albany, NY or Irvine, CA
We Need You
The minions of Hell are growing stronger...
If you’re a highly motivated and experienced Brand Design Manager, then come work with us to build something extraordinary.
We are looking for someone to lead the graphic design and branding of Diablo through a variety of new media products, including (but not limited to) convention stages, print assets, web-based assets, clothing, collectibles, and more. To meet the scope of these efforts you will manage a team of several artists, so your efforts will balance somewhat heavier on setting those individuals and the team up for success alongside your branding leadership and hands-on design and branding contributions.
The Brand Design Manager is the product owner of all products and projects that are promoting the brand of Diablo. The owner of all initiatives to better support internal artists and external partners through style guides, supporting materials, ensuring we meet our commitments for content approvals, and most importantly quality to delight our players! You will collaborate with the Art Director to develop a shared vision of excellence for all our brand related products.
This role is anticipated to be a hybrid work position, with some work on-site and some work-from-home. The potential home studio for this role is Albany, NY or Irvine, CA.
Stuff We Will Trust You With
- Manage and work with Brand Artists and Art Directors to execute on ideas from inception to publication.
- Owner of the quality for all products and brand representation to our community and players
- Ensure team collaborates with all our partners and ensure their needs are being met and that our quality standards are being upheld
- Collaborate on vision for the Diablo brand executions.
- Work alongside and partner with company-wide teams.
- Develop style guides and presentations; design and develop for internal creative collateral for franchise business development and brand guidelines.
- Communicate and contribute with both internal and external partners to develop new products in the Diablo brand
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Manage several artists – assign, allocate, and review their work, as well as evaluate their overall performance and guide their development
- Excellent organization skills and multi-tasking
Stuff You Are Familiar With
- Experience working on branded licensed products as a Graphic Designer, or Brand Artist.
- Work on high quality graphics, layout banners, and style guides
- A basic understanding of the Diablo art style and universe and vision on how to achieve excellence in this role
- Knowledge of art and visual design fundamentals and techniques including character, environment design, rendering, color, and animation.
- Experience creatively overseeing and guiding projects from beginning to end with little assistance while keeping key people informed of progress.
- Managing a team
And Yeah, You Will Need These Things to Apply
- Portfolio demonstrating relevant skills. Only online work submissions, please. (e.g., website, blog, or online album).
- Willingness to complete a test if requested to do so.
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences… ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/ .In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $80,800.00 - $149,400.00 Annual. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.