Brand Content Marketing Specialist
13 days ago
Pixelberry Studios is a top mobile games developer, creating fun and engaging games with heart for over nine years. We’re a division of Nexon, one of the Top 10 largest gaming companies in the world. Our studio is 3-for-3 launching games into the App Store's Top 25 Grossing chart. Our market-leading, award-winning mobile game, Choices: Stories You Play, broke into the Top 5 in the App Store. Our vision for success is based around innovative game design, diversity, and putting our players first!
We've seen firsthand the positive impact that games can make. Because of that, we leverage our commercial success to make a real difference: we have partnered with numerous non-profits, saved actual lives with our games, and donated hundreds of thousands of dollars to charities. Players love our games’ focus on racial, gender, sexual, and identity diversity while holding us accountable when they expect more.
Some of us at Pixelberry have worked together for over 10 years through multiple companies. As a result, we strive to create long-term relationships that help sustain our success. We continue to add new individuals who aren’t just searching for another stepping stone but a place to put down roots and actively make a difference. We love what we do and are looking for passionate, like-minded people who want to grow, learn, and make a difference together.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Pixelberry Studios marketing team is looking for a skilled Brand Content Marketing Specialist to use their passion for great content and storytelling to grow and bring platform/product awareness to StoryLoom, the premier platform for reading and writing interactive fiction! In this role, you will work on our upcoming title StoryLoom, focusing on bringing the different types of users onto our platform through non-paid channels and creating brand forward experiences to support those strategies. This is a new role that will join an established team of Creative, Community, and User Acquisition Managers who work to help lead, develop and implement marketing communication efforts for Pixelberry products.
Our headquarters are in Los Altos, CA but we can accommodate a remote work environment for a candidate from the following states: California, Colorado, Florida, Indiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Nevada, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Texas, and Washington.
Currently, all Pixelberry staff work remotely with the option to work in-office, if desired.
- Collaborates across marketing teams, product teams, creative and community to uphold and continually refine the brand vision that speaks to both players and creators
- Works with internal team members and across departments to develop and execute user growth (non-paid) and awareness strategies to expand our communities through outreach programs for creators and players
- Collaborates with the creator support team on creator-focused strategy development, goals and messaging alignment
- Designs and manages creator onboarding flows through identifying and engaging with high value social channels, websites and various digital places where our potential creators frequent
- Executes PR and brand communication initiatives that amplify our brand and differentiates our product in the market
- Identifies opportunities for hyper-localized strategic brand partnerships, editor, press outlets, publications, blogs, and events/activations to amplify earned and paid media efforts
- Oversees creative development for owned marketing efforts
- Conducts competitive and audience research
- Establishes KPIs and measuring performance for marketing strategies
- 2+ years of experience in digital marketing or relevant experience
- BBA/BSBA in marketing, communications or related fields
- A passion for creative storytelling and an aversion for cookie-cutter PR tactics
- An appreciation and understanding of social media and how to work with and communicate through influencers and content creators
- Experience in owning the execution of successful and cost-effective marketing campaigns
- Experience in briefing creative and content creation teams
- Clear cross-functional, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Self-motivated and resourceful problem solver that proactively identifies new opportunities and areas of work
- Experience with both mobile and app platforms
- Ability to analyze data and extrapolate insights
- Passion for pop-culture, tv, movies, books and/or games
- Experience managing branded website updates, either directly or through 3rd party service providers
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Competitive salary
- High level of autonomy and freedom
- Rich & flexible health, disability, and employee assistance offerings to meet the needs of a diverse workforce
- 401(K) with matching program
- Paid Year-End Break
- For local employees that elect to work in-studio, a relaxed office environment with free food and snacks
- Virtual escape rooms, video game nights, trivia parties, and other team-building activities throughout the year!
HOW THIS JOB IS DIFFERENT
- Learn about the business side of mobile games. Our team is very good at what we do.
- Good work/life balance. We are family-friendly and look at things in the long term.
- That warm fuzzy feeling that you’re not just making a difference at a company, but in the lives of people all over the world.
Pixelberry Studios values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, Black/BIPOC, LGBT individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. Pixelberry is also an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.
Compensation Description for Pay Transparency (annually)
The salary range for the role is $85,000 - $115,000 per year.
Our salary ranges are determined by market data based on position and level. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum salaries for that position. Where an individual’s pay falls within the range is determined by factors including, but not limited to, location, job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
In some cases, compensation may fall outside of this range depending on factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies, experience, and location. Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards package that is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their work.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.