This job might no longer be available.
BioWare: QA Project Lead (Contract)
Edmonton Alberta T6H5R7 Canada
4 months ago
At BioWare, our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story. Our teams drive innovation using cutting-edge tech and tools such as the Frostbite engine and collaborate with thousands of world-class developers across EA’s network of studios. We are passionate about games and their potential as a creative medium to reach and inspire people through emotion, artistry, and engaging storytelling. If you share this passion, this is an amazing opportunity to help shape the next generation of gaming.
This is a temporary full-time, contract position, no relocation assistance, local candidates only. We thank all applicants, however, we will only be contacting short-listed candidates.
BioWare Quality Assurance acts as a quality gauge during development, testing not only the product but the processes we use to create our games.
What a QA Project Lead (Contract) does at BioWare :
As a QA Project Lead, your primary focus will be working with a team of Analysts, Testers, and Development team partners to develop a test strategy and plan within the scope of your assigned area of ownership. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, people management, test planning, and partner collaboration. You will ensure test improvements and best practices are shared across the team and provide regular reporting and recommendations. Another focus will be understanding the quality process of several disciplines, resolving identified gaps, risk assessment, and task prioritization.
In order to achieve this, you will also spend your time collaborating with studio partners in development to understand how to best support and elevate the team. We seek to continually improve operational efficiency and effectiveness by assessing QA strategies and evolving QA methodologies.
Who You Are:
- Prior experience with people management. Performance management required career management a plus.
- Knowledge of software testing methodologies and practices
- Familiar with SCRUM and Agile Methodologies
- Experienced with office productivity and project management software like JIRA and Excel.
- Excited by opportunities to identify problems, create solutions and manage risk
- Possess excellent communication and time management skills
- Prior experience directing of the daily testing duties of testers
- Familiar with game design concepts (gameplay/level design/graphics etc.)
- Diploma/Certificate or University Degree in a related field
- A minimum of 1-2 years of software industry experience
- Experience in Performance Management. Career Management a plus.
- Project management and/or test management experience
- Jira experience is not required, but you will need to learn fluency in this tool on the project.
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives on creativity and individuality.
More about our location: http://www.bioware.com/studios/bioware-edmonton/