This job might no longer be available.
BioWare: QA Art Analyst (Contract)
Edmonton Alberta T6H5R7 Canada
4 months ago
At BioWare, our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story. Our teams drive innovation using cutting-edge tech and tools such as the Frostbite engine and collaborate with thousands of world-class developers across EA’s network of studios. We are passionate about games and their potential as a creative medium to reach and inspire people through emotion, artistry, and engaging storytelling. If you share this passion, this is an amazing opportunity to help shape the next generation of gaming.
This is a temporary full-time, contract position, no relocation assistance, local candidates only. We thank all applicants, however, we will only be contacting short-listed candidates.
What the Quality Analyst, Art (Contract) does at BioWare:
As an Art Quality Analyst, you are responsible for working with Art development team on the quality creation and implementation of Art and Animation elements.
You will test game assets to ensure that they meet functional and quality requirements utilizing your knowledge and experience with development tools and workflows, assist QA project management with generating Art related test strategies, as well as assess the quality of tests executed by the team.
Who You Are:
- Knowledge of software testing methodologies and practices
- Familiar with SCRUM and Agile methodologies
- Possess excellent communication and time management skills
- Familiar with game Art concepts (3D Modeling and Animation)
- Keen attention to detail for both assessing content and completed testing sessions for completeness and quality
- Ability to train others to perform testing utilizing Art knowledge and software
- Diploma/Certificate or University Degree in Digital Arts, Animation or Visual Effects
- A minimum of 1-2 years of software industry experience
- Experience with software testing methodologies
Experience using 3D art tools (3ds Max, Maya or other popular 3D art tools)
Experience using 3D editors (UnrealEd, Unity or other popular or proprietary game engines)
Proficiency with scripting languages (Lua, Python)
Familiarity with BioWare products
Broad knowledge of console and PC games
*Applicants are encouraged to highlight how they meet these requirements in their cover letter.
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives on creativity and individuality.
More about our location: http://www.bioware.com/studios/bioware-edmonton/