BioWare: Engine Programmer
Edmonton Alberta Canada
29 days ago
At BioWare, our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story. Our teams drive innovation using cutting-edge tech and tools such as the Frostbite engine and collaborate with thousands of world-class developers across EA’s network of studios.
What the Engine Programmer will do at BioWare:
You will work with our art, design, and programming teams to develop the technology necessary to amaze our players with industry-leading experiences using the Frostbite engine.
Who You Are:
You are highly collaborative with several years of experience developing systems for AAA console and PC video games. You love solving complex problems with creative and innovative solutions. You enjoy diving deeply into dark corners of code to find the last bits of optimization or clear out that final bug. You want to help us build the best games in the industry.
- Collaborate with artists and designers on solutions that further our games’ vision .
- Develop and enhance the core engine, pipelines, and tools on multiple hardware platforms.
- Profile and optimize our single-player and multiplayer engine including CPU, I/O, and memory.
- Mentor other developers in every phase of project development .
- Work closely with Frostbite central teams to leverage and extend Frostbite’s systems.
- Experience developing, debugging and optimizing systems for AAA PC and console games.
- Experience developing systems where concurrency, memory, and performance is important.
- 3+ years of professional C++ experience and a solid understanding of software design principles.
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We are proud of the great perks we offer like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, pension with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives on creativity and individuality. Health, Dental, Financial offered (ESPP and RRSP matching); Bonus and relocation assistance also offered.
More about our location: https://www.ea.com/careers/careers-overview/edmonton
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.