This job might no longer be available.
Edmonton Alberta Canada
8 months ago
At BioWare, our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story. Our teams drive innovation using cutting-edge tech and tools such as the Frostbite engine and collaborate with thousands of world-class developers across EA’s network of studios. We are passionate about games and their potential as a creative medium to reach and inspire people through emotion, artistry, and engaging storytelling. If you share this passion, this is an amazing opportunity to help shape the next generation of gaming.
What the Cinematic Animation Lead will do:
- Work with animation, narrative and art leadership to define and deliver on the vision and quality bar of cinematics
- Create and implement cinematic animation using mocap, pcap, keyframe, and in-engine tools
- Act as a leader for the animation team, and provide mentorship and guidance
- Provide in-person and visual feedback in the form of art reviews, paintovers, and at-desk conversations
- Collaborate with writing, story art, character art, level design, lighting, VFX, audio, programming, and production
- Partner with a variety of external vendors to create the highest quality animation in the industry
- Strong traditional animation skills and the ability to apply them to cinematic systems
- Strong facial animation skills and experience with performance capture
- Experience leading medium to large teams to success
- Experience working closely with external art vendors
- High level of proficiency in Maya or similar software
- 6+ years of related industry experience would be preferred.
- The ideal candidate has experience in the full development cycle of AAA gaming.
- A degree in Fine Arts, Animation, Graphic Design, or related diploma
- All submissions must include a portfolio showing personal and/or professional artwork
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
The opportunity to work and learn from a world-class games studio making world-class games. We are a culture that thrives off creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
Katie Bieber: firstname.lastname@example.org