This job might no longer be available.
BioWare: Associate Outsource Art Manager (Contract)
Austin Texas United States
8 months ago
At BioWare, our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story. Our teams drive innovation using cutting-edge tech and tools such as the Frostbite engine and collaborate with thousands of world-class developers across EA’s network of studios. We are passionate about games and their potential as a creative medium to reach and inspire people through emotion, artistry, and engaging storytelling. If you share this passion, this is an amazing opportunity to help shape the next generation of gaming.
BioWare Austin is seeking a Contract Environment Artist to join the Star Wars ™ : The Old Republic team and deliver cutting edge visuals while retaining gameplay and exploration crafted by the world designers.
What the Associate Outsource Art Manager will do at BioWare Austin:
- Work under the guidance of our Outsource Art Manager
- Work on several different types of outsourced assets, including concepts, props, armor sets, weapons, vehicles and characters
- Supply vendors with all the requirements and reference materials needed for asset creation
- Review outsourcing work, following assets through the full pipeline, from concept to final implementation
- Provide clear, concise, and timely feedback; including gathering feedback from the Art Director and Discipline Leads
- Transfer final outsourced assets into our in-house engine
- Adjust models and textures as needed
- Work to ensure assets are completed on time and work within our schedule of release dates
- Proactively identify and communicate risks associated with meeting project milestones
Who You Are:
- Strong attention to detail and quality
- Able to work within an established art style
- Proficient with ZBrush, 3DSMax, Photoshop, Substance Designer (Maya is a plus)
- Knowledge of PBR and non-PBR workflows and able to work in both
- Experience working with outsourcing teams a plus
- Able to follow direction and work independently within established parameters
- Experience working with environment props as assets
- Experience working with character and outfit assets
- Experience working with game assets and working in game engines
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excited to work with a great team on a well-established project
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
The opportunity to work and learn from a world-class games studio making world-class games. We are a culture that thrives off creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
More about our location: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/austin
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.