Bilingual Executive Assistant - Japanese
15 days ago
Get to know The Pokémon Company International
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
Learn more online at Pokemon.com and on Facebook (facebook.com/pokemon), YouTube (youtube.com/pokemon), Twitter (twitter.com/pokemon), and Instagram (instagram.com/pokemon).
Get to know the role
Job Title: Executive Assistant
Job Summary: As we continue to grow, we have come to a point where we need some relationship builders who are dedicated to quality and who lead with integrity and respect to support our Executive team. We have created a new Executive Assistant role which will support our President and Chief of Staff by providing effective and efficient administrative support & partnership. You’ll join a team of people (aka as Trainers) who are Passionate for Pokémon and will play a key role in creating a great employee experience or #lifeatTPCI.
FLSA Classification (US Only): Non-exempt
People Manager: No
What you’ll do
- Collaborate with The Pokémon Company (TPC) and other affiliate companies’ stakeholders, helping to coordinate and schedule meetings, agendas, related logistics, and changing plans.
- Compile and produce presentations and reports as directed by President and/or Chief of Staff, including tracking and collecting inputs from various The Pokémon Company International (TPCi) organizations.
- Perform oral and written Japanese and English translations as directed.
- Collaborate with other Executive Assistants to plan on-and offsite meetings, events, and conferences, including all related logistical and budget requirements.
- Manage and organize President’s complex scheduling by communicating seamlessly with internal and external stakeholders.
- Plan and coordinate travel and security arrangements for President and TPCi’s VIP guests.
- Compile receipts to submit timely and accurate expense reports.
- Handle highly confidential and sensitive departmental matters with discretion and tact.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
What you’ll bring
- You are bilingual in Japanese and English (oral and written) fluently.
- You have seven plus years of executive administration work and three plus years of assisting Vice President or above executives.
- Experience in both Japanese and U.S. corporations is a plus.
- Experience in event coordination and project management is a plus.
- You are at ease yet professional with senior leadership and executives, in both Japanese and English settings.
- You are highly organized and pay attention to detail to ensure every aspect of a task is handled and completed correctly.
- You are great with building strong relationships with various internal and external stakeholders.
- You can flex at a moment’s notice, acting in ambiguity while exercising good judgment and discretion in all you do.
- You know how to prioritize and multitask against multiple projects and deadlines.
- You’re able to lift up to 50lbs when needed.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel and PowerPoint. Proficiency in Keynote is a plus.
How you’ll be successful
- Passion for Pokémon: Develops an understanding of the Pokémon brand, the impact it has on our people, culture, business, fans, and communities, and applying that knowledge and passion to everything you do.
- Challenging the Expected: Approaches challenges with curiosity and creativity, embracing the possibility of failure as an opportunity to learn something new, develop innovative ideas, solve complex problems and identify unique opportunities.
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates integrity and respect by leading with empathy, listening to others, seeking out different perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and results.
- Dedicated to Quality: Takes ownership to maintain and promote high standards, looks for new ways to learn and improve, and embraces a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others in an effort to continuously improve.
- Building Relationships: Develops and strengthens relationships, adopting a “team first” mentality and working collaboratively to solve problems and meet shared goals.
- Delighting Customers: Listens and understands the interests and needs of our customers and stakeholders, making them feel heard and important, and embracing these learnings to continue delivering a unique Pokémon experience.
What to expect
- An employee first culture
- Company events that celebrate the spirit of Pokémon
- Competitive cash-based compensation programs
- Base salary range: $58,000 – $87,000.00. This range is applicable for the labor market where the role is intended to be hired. It is common for TPCi to start employees below the midpoint of the range. Final base salary is directly related to each candidates’ qualifications and experience uniquely.
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
- Generous paid family leave
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short-term income protection insurance
- US Employees: 401k Employer Matching
- UK/IRE Employees: Pension Employer Contributions
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter benefit
- LinkedIn learning
- Comprehensive relocation package
- Hybrid work environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. For roles in the United Kingdom, candidates will need the right to work. In some cases, and for some roles, the Company may be able to arrange a visa. For roles in Ireland, this role requires candidates to have the right to live and work in the Republic of Ireland. However, we welcome applications from all nationalities and may consider supporting an employment permit application, in appropriate and suitable cases.
Internal Job Code: CB.ASMF.S4
Internal Job Profile: Administrative Support (S4)
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.