Big Data Engineer (Oracle)
21 days ago
Wargaming is looking for a Big Data Engineer/ETL Developer for Data Alliance Services/DataWARS department.
Wargaming is a well-established game development company famous for its legendary titles such as World of Tanks, and World of Warships.
Data Alliance Services/DataWARS department is aimed at helping projects to make smart business decisions by integrating and processing of huge amounts of data and providing efficient calculations and reports based on stored information. We operate on a global level by assisting WG teams and projects all around the globe.
Our team of experienced data-enthusiastic engineers wants to expand by hiring committed and creative specialist. We use cutting edge data processing technologies and improve by constant learning.
What will you do?
- Write code to ingest data from various sources
- Work with game development studios to log data in a consistent and complete manner
- Write ETLs to clean/transform data into clear data models
- Optimize pipelines for performance
- Implement algorithms at scale as needed
- Implement new technologies as needed
- Have fun playing with loads of data
What are we looking for?
- 2+ years of experience with DWH/BI (Oracle)
- Expertise in ETL processes design and implementation, data lifecycle management
- Confident knowledge in data querying and transformation: SQL, Oracle PL/SQL
- Experience with versioning systems (SVN, git)
- Basic skills in Python scripting
- Ability to work with and finalize the requestor’s requirements
- Perfect written and verbal communication skills in Russian
- Intermediate or higher level of English
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- Experience with Hadoop ecosystem (HDFS, Impala/Hive) is a strong plus for a candidate
- Performance tuning in any DBMS
- Experience with cloud data solutions, for example, Snowflake
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Operating since 1998, Wargaming has become one of the leaders in the gaming industry with 15 offices worldwide, including studios in Chicago, Prague, Shanghai, Tokyo, and Vilnius. Our diverse and multicultural team works together to deliver a top-class experience to millions of players who enjoy Wargaming's titles across all major gaming platforms. Our flagship products include free-to-play hits World of Tanks, World of Warships and World of Tanks Blitz.