Big Data Developer
Montreal QC ca
21 days ago
The Big Data Platform team is responsible for the development and support of the analytics platform and tools with collaboration from our production partners that are running 24/7.
As the Big Data Developer, you’d be joining a worldwide team of diverse individuals all passionate about data. Furthermore, you will be working in collaboration with the product and architecture team in the developing and support of the functionalities of the analytics stack such as Spark, Hive, Presto and others.
- Identify requirements and functionalities to be added to the data analytics platform by working closely with the technical architects and analytics teams;
- Correct bugs and apply patches to analytic stack;
- Write unit test for implemented features;
- Write tech docs to follow up with system developments;
- Stay informed of technical best practices regarding the analytics ecosystem such as: distributed data management, data processing and analytics by researching for the most recent features and patches with the open source communities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer science or Mathematics.
- 3+ years’ developing with Java/SCALA for distributed data management systems.
Knowledge & Skills
- Strong knowledge in distributed systems for storage and data processing;
- Strong development skills using Java/SCALA;
- Very good knowledge in Spark, Presto or Hive;
- Knowledge of Hadoop ecosystem;
- Knowledge of CI/CD pipelines;
- Excellent understanding of open source Apache projects;
- Knowledge of Agile methodology; Good communication and interpersonal skills;Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;Good organizational and time management skills;Sense of initiative/autonomy;
- Bilingual French and English orally and written.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.