5 days ago
At Keywords, we are using our passion for games, technology and media to create a global services platform for video games and beyond. Our aim is to become the “go to” provider of technical services.
We enable leading content creators and publishers to leverage our expertise and capacity across the lifecycle of interactive content. In so doing, we empower our clients to remain lean and agile, and to focus on creating the most engaging experiences.
Keywords is trusted and relied upon by many of the world’s leading video game companies to work alongside them during concept, development and live operations by leveraging the breadth and depth of our industry leading service lines every step of the way.
This is a remote position.
The benefits administrator position is responsible for directing and planning the day-to-day operations of group benefits programs (group health, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, worker's compensation, life insurance, travel and accident plan, flexible spending plan, retirement plans, etc.). This position provides excellent customer service and designs quality benefits plans. The administrator continually investigates new benefits programs, improves existing programs, and supervises and monitors benefits administration.
- Research employee benefits plans and vendors to identify those that present the best value.
- Develop strong professional relationships with Broker/Vendor/Insurance Carrier Contacts.
- Involved in benefits renewal/marketing analysis and negotiation.
- Prepare C-Suite Executive summaries for final approval of negotiated plans.
- Serve as day to day contact for plan vendors and third-party administrators.
- Coordinate transfer of data to external contacts for services, premiums and plan administration.
- Evaluate and revise internal processes to reduce costs and increase efficiency.
- Document and maintain administrative procedures for assigned benefits processes.
- Ensure compliance with applicable government regulations. Ensure timeliness and accuracy of required reporting and fees.
- Coordinate daily benefits processing. Handle enrollments, COBRA, terminations, changes, beneficiaries, disability, accident and death claims, rollovers, QDROs, QMCSOs, distributions, loans, hardships and compliance testing.
- Oversee maintenance of employee benefits records, maintain group benefits database and provide updates of employee contributions to payroll.
- Gather employee data and oversee the processing of monthly self-billed invoices and the preparation of these statements for payment of premiums/fees for all group plans.
- Perform Audits for accuracy and performance of functions related to benefits transactions.
- Analyze current benefits, evaluating the use, services, coverage, effectiveness, cost, plan experience and competitive trends in benefits programs, and identify the company's stance.
- Help support plan audits: Prepare, collect and organize data for actuarial assessments. Review data in conjunction with actuarial evaluation task forces.
- Review both short- and long-range cost estimates/projections and relevant statistical analyses regarding modifications in benefits programs and implementation of new programs.
- Monitor administrative costs of benefits programs and recommend cost containment strategies, including alternative methods for administration and funding. Prepare budgetary recommendations and assist in the monitoring, verifying and reconciling of budgeted funds.
- Provide customer service support to internal and external customers. Develop communication tools to enhance understanding of the company's benefits package.
- Design and distribute materials for benefits orientations, open enrollment and summary plan descriptions. Provide training and support to all group benefits eligible staff.
Required Profile and Skills
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to use Microsoft products, including Excel and PowerPoint; experience with HRIS and benefits databases.
- Project and management skills and experience.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment with associates.
- Effective planning and priority setting. Ability to manage several complex projects simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills and a thorough knowledge of plan designs.
- Ability to understand, evaluate and make judgment on proposals (RFPs).
- Knowledge of benefits contract language.
- Knowledge of all pertinent federal and state regulations, filing and compliance requirements, both adopted and pending, affecting employee benefits programs, including the ACA, ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, ADA, Section 125, workers' compensation, Medicare, OBRA, and Social Security and DOL requirements.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in human resource management or related field, and four to five years of related benefits or 3+ years of employee benefits administration experience.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at a time.
- Vacation and Floater Paid Holidays
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
- Voluntary Long-term / Short-term Disability
- 401K w/ company match
- Work alongside dynamic individuals in the gaming industry
- Work within a company with upward career growth opportunities
The salary range reflected is an estimate of base pay and varies per state. The base pay range may vary if an offer is made for work in your location. The pay range is $70,000 - $88,000/year.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.