This job might no longer be available.
12 days ago
We are currently hiring for a Balance Designer to join our Marvel Contest of Champions team at Kabam Vancouver.
Though this position is originally Vancouver-based, candidates living outside of Vancouver will also be considered, as long as there is willingness to conform to Kabam's core work schedule.
Role + Responsibility:
- Define, communicate, and uphold a vision of Game Balance within the studio;
- Monitor, measure, and maintain a large PvE and PvP ecosystem;
- Work with other Designers to tune and balance Champion attributes, abilities, and supportive systems in order to maximize strategy, collection, build optimization, and take us closer to a vision of balance;
- Organize and orchestrate focused playtests;
- Monitor community channels and gather anecdotal feedback;
- Arbitrate discrepancies between content design goals, player expectations, brand expectations, analytics, and our business model;Liaise with non-dev teams such as Data, Live Ops, Community, Production, and Player Support, and maintain strong communication and coordination for balance-related topics and updates;
- Establish and enforce guidelines for internal content creators to minimize metagame risks;
- Develop tools and methodologies to efficiently balance thousands of permutations of character builds and team combinations;
- Define and push to add new technology and processes to improve workflow and increase content quality;
Your background includes:
- Experience designing RPG content and/or systems on at least one shipped RPG title
- Intellectual curiosity and logical thinking
- Razor-sharp analytical skills and resilient objectivity
- Robust organizational and project management skills with the ability to juggle multiple priorities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a firm understanding of your audiences
- Bonus if you have raw technical skills including:
- Scripting experience
- Strong math skills
- Telemetry and data analytics
- Spreadsheet wizardry
- A hunger for new, different, and exciting design challenges
Together, we can create and support some of the best games ever made and continue to entertain the world!
Kabam is a world leader of developing entertaining, immersive, and highly social multiplayer games for mobile devices. They merge consumer behaviour with the art of game design to create experiences that are enjoyed by millions of players across the globe. Each game has raised the benchmark in mobile gaming, bringing high-quality graphics, next-generation technology and revolutionary gameplay to the console in every player’s pocket.
Kabam has partnered with leading entertainment brands like Disney, Hasbro and Universal to create mobile games based on some of the world’s most iconic franchises.
Founded in 2006, Kabam has studios and offices in Vancouver, Montreal, Charlottetown, San Francisco and Austin. Kabam is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Netmarble Games.
Kabam is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to building a diverse and equitable workplace, and inclusive environment for all existing and potential employees. Employment decisions are based on candidate qualifications and business need, not race, color, ancestry, place of origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, political belief, religion, creed, marital or family status, medical condition, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, prior criminal conviction or any other protected class in accordance with federal, state or provincial and local laws and ordinances. Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.