Backend Software Engineer
2 days ago
What We Need:
Hangar 13 is looking for a Backend Software Engineer to help design and develop backend features for AAA Games.
What You Will Do:
- Collaborate with Designers and other developers to design Backend solutions to game requirements.
- Implement Backend systems to support the game.
- Collaborate with other developers to integrate the online backend features in the game client.
- Work with proprietary existing software technology and build new technology in order to fulfil the project’s technical requirements.
- Identify technical and developmental risks/obstacles and generate solutions to overcome identified risks.
Who We Think Will Be A Good Fit:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- 2+ years designing robust, high performance scalable systems using Go (or similar), or else solid experience with C++. The ideal candidate will have a working knowledge of both backend and game side languages.
- Experience with Unix like operating systems
- Commitment to code quality, documentation, and sound testing procedures
- Ability to learn and master new technologies and code
- Ability to work independently and efficiently under deadlines
- Experience with industry standard tools e.g., Git, GitHub, VS Code.
- Experience using Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with cloud technologies, preferably any of the following AWS, Azure and Google Cloud Platform
- Realtime multiplayer peer to peer or client server experience
- Shipped one or more game titles
- Good knowledge of software design fundamentals/principles ( e.g. CLEAN Architecture)
Who We Are:
Hangar 13 is the internal 2K development studio behind the award-winning Mafia III. The studio is comprised of industry veterans drawn from a diverse range of studios, who have collectively shipped hundreds of titles across a wide variety of genres. Though we hail from all over the world, and our backgrounds are wildly different, one thing binds us all together – the belief that “Every Player’s Story is Unique.”
Hangar 13 is based in four locations: Novato (California), Brighton (UK), and Brno & Prague (Czech Republic). We work collaboratively across our 4 locations to develop games as one global team. Each of our locations provides the opportunity to work on big-budget, AAA console in a diverse and inclusive environment!
Located just 45 minutes via train from London, Brighton is one of the UK’s most diverse and downright interesting cities. Sat right on the south coast of England, the city is home to a vibrant creative community and is known as an easy-going and tolerant place to live and work. Brighton is home to Victorian piers and palaces, brightly coloured stucco homes and a 5-mile long shingle beach which becomes a post-work social hub during the summer months. Onsite amenities inside our state-of-the-art Brighton studio include a fully equipped kitchen, games room, gym (with showers) and our very own bar. We’re a 30 second walk from Brighton station.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com, hangar13games.com and 2kczech.com accounts.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.